The Walking Dead (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
the_red_ninja wrote:What does the "A" markings stand for? I remember that Gabriel's church was marked with the same "A" in season 5.
A is
the container in which Rick's group was emprisoned in at Terminus
I liked Morgan's episode personally. Sure it doesn't add much to the plot, but did the plot ever mattered that much anyway? I don't think TWD is about the plot because it's always about just surviving against walkers and people who want to hurt them, sooo... it's more about the characters, and that's what this episode did. Eastman's character was great honestly, and the episode itself was a nice change for once. That doesn't mean Morgan will get the axe though, because there's been plenty of solo episodes like that for characters who are still alive, like Daryl or Abraham

I actually thought this was an excellent episode. It's certainly troublesome when a television show travels in circles and doesn't do anything to progress the plot, but that doesn't necessarily make a singular episode bad. A show can release a standalone episode every once in a while as long as it has a purpose or elevates the material of focus to a higher level. In "Here's Not Here", I think we get both of these. While it's been previously established that Morgan has a code not to kill we never understand why and this produced a lot of deserved frustration from the fans. We're left seeing the character as completely irrational and irresponsible, and there's an obvious gap in the story for how Morgan arrived to this belief (seeing as when we last saw him before this season he was pretty much a desperate lunatic). This episode not only answers these questions, but also gives us riveting hour plus self contained story. I'm much more captivated by this sort of material than the tedious predictable slog The Walking Dead has been the previous few seasons. Now, there's certainly an argument to be made that the privilege to make these sort of singular episodes needs to be earned through the quality of the show's main narrative but I've actually been very happy with the season so far. I hope the show can keep up the quality through the home stretch.

Also, Lennie James is phenomenal as Morgan. Easily the most engaging performance in the series for me. And one more thing
that last scene between him and the Wolf he spared was an awesome exclamation point the episode. I hope this show doesn't give too horrible of a punishment to Morgan for retaining his humanity

ok all caught up
No way glenn is dead. My guess is theyre gonna bring him back only to have him get Negan'd
and
the morgan episode was baller as fuck

I never thought Zodiac could be this likeable.£

Mid-season finale is called 'No Way Out'. I think that's a major hint to the two major events of this chapter, either
Carl gets shot in the eye
or
Morgan gets the Z treatment

SomeFrenchToast wrote:Mid-season finale is called 'No Way Out'. I think that's a major hint to the two major events of this chapter, either
or
Option 1 I'm guessing.

dude no way out is like one of the the best arcs fuck yes

hype!

DoubleD wrote:
SomeFrenchToast wrote:Mid-season finale is called 'No Way Out'. I think that's a major hint to the two major events of this chapter, either
or
Option 1 I'm guessing.
Yeah me too

But

Why not both?

The editing on this show is starting to drive me nuts.