The Walking Dead (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Anyone else got the feeling the retrospective intro scene was out of place and didn't have much purpose within an episode without Michone? It's like they've shot this early on then found out they'd have to skip a big chunk of Michone-slash-Andrea's adventures so they didn't find other place for it than some random episode without Michone.

Anyway, things keep on becoming divisive. First you get Tyrese's adequate reaction to both Andrea's warnings and the biter-pit, but then you see him all nice, willing and obedient again. It's Annoying because judging by his initial adequacy he's not supposed to be so stupid and oblivious not to read through Gov and his lies. In addition he already reacted adequate twice and, obviously by where everything's headed at, he's gonna do it again and that's so terribly expected of him right now. The plot planted this ''three strikes and Gov's out'' thing with Ty in this episode and the third strike is bound to happen in next one or whenever Ty really sees the Gov is a psycho. He'll prolly just see Andrea tortured or Milton will tell him or something. Makes me wonder what the point of these first two strikes was... except for reminding the audience how terribly patient and dogoody he can be. Except for the times when he isn't, like when he fought with that pricky friend of his. In the end though isn't this just... I mean Andrea already KNOWS the Gov's a douche so we got rid of that annoyance but now Tyreese is being the blind one... Great.

Anyway, doesn't he seem like the opposite of Michone, but built in pretty much the same way? Michone always doubts everyone, Ty always trusts em. Michone can't be told shit, Ty is always ready to obey. Michone is the very opposite of easy-going, which is exactly what Ty is or tries to be at all times. Then again they're both something that doesn't seem to be used to its potential so far by the show, especially Michone. They're both kind of 'forsaken' by the plot, even with the attempts at character development in Michone's case. They're both pretty one tone.

This 100% has to do with
Michone giving Ty a blowjob in the comics, which then ruins his relationship with that girl there. The way the characters are built in here totally seems like something the writers probably see as an artistic way of creating an attraction between two strong extremes.

prince0gotham wrote:Anyone else got the feeling the retrospective intro scene was out of place and didn't have much purpose within an episode without Michone? It's like they've shot this early on then found out they'd have to skip a big chunk of Michone-slash-Andrea's adventures so they didn't find other place for it than some random episode without Michone.

Anyway, things keep on becoming divisive. First you get Tyrese's adequate reaction to both Andrea's warnings and the biter-pit, but then you see him all nice, willing and obedient again. It's Annoying because judging by his initial adequacy he's not supposed to be so stupid and oblivious not to read through Gov and his lies. In addition he already reacted adequate twice and, obviously by where everything's headed at, he's gonna do it again and that's so terribly expected of him right now. The plot planted this ''three strikes and Gov's out'' thing with Ty in this episode and the third strike is bound to happen in next one or whenever Ty really sees the Gov is a psycho. He'll prolly just see Andrea tortured or Milton will tell him or something. Makes me wonder what the point of these first two strikes was... except for reminding the audience how terribly patient and dogoody he can be. Except for the times when he isn't, like when he fought with that pricky friend of his. In the end though isn't this just... I mean Andrea already KNOWS the Gov's a douche so we got rid of that annoyance but now Tyreese is being the blind one... Great.

Anyway, doesn't he seem like the opposite of Michone, but built in pretty much the same way? Michone always doubts everyone, Ty always trusts em. Michone can't be told shit, Ty is always ready to obey. Michone is the very opposite of easy-going, which is exactly what Ty is or tries to be at all times. Then again they're both something that doesn't seem to be used to its potential so far by the show, especially Michone. They're both kind of 'forsaken' by the plot, even with the attempts at character development in Michone's case. They're both pretty one tone.

This 100% has to do with
Michone giving Ty a blowjob in the comics, which then ruins his relationship with that girl there. The way the characters are built in here totally seems like something the writers probably see as an artistic way of creating an attraction between two strong extremes.
LOL that girl was Carol in the comics...but she's unlikely to be getting it on with Ty in the TV version because her love interest is Daryl, who basically filled Ty's comic role. So, I'd be totally here for the attraction straight up between Michonne and Tyreese. I don't think they've even met yet, have they?

Couple of things:

1. I think I'm finally warming to Andrea.

2. Milton had my curiosity, but now he has my attention.

3. I'm liking Tyreese a lot, I hope he sticks it out until next season.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

why didn't andrea use the god damn car to drive to the god damn prison after leaving gov in that warehouse

prince0gotham wrote:why didn't andrea use the god damn car to drive to the god damn prison after leaving gov in that warehouse
lol Ikr. Maybe he had the keys on him.

the_red_ninja wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:why didn't andrea use the god damn car to drive to the god damn prison after leaving gov in that warehouse
lol Ikr. Maybe he had the keys on him.
apocalypse 101 should be how to fire up a car without keys lol :)

but yeah she finally did seem more sympathetic even if it's just because she's already doing something she shoulda done ages ago, but it would've been better if she didn't fuck up again.

it was the same with Ty in this episode

both were on the very very very right track and just when things were about to end well both fucked up

andrea by underestimating Gov and not being carefull enough and Ty by being too god damn naive just like her before

Maybe cuz it's a show about zombies. Horror is full of bad characters and characters doing stupid things. This is a zombie show. Stop acting like it should be The Soprano's. The show use to piss me off but now I see it for what it is. A show about zombies.
Say Girl

well it certainly turned into not much more than 'just a show about zombies'

it didn't use to be just that which is the problem

prince0gotham wrote:well it certainly turned into not much more than 'just a show about zombies'

it didn't use to be just that which is the problem
It always was to me. I get your point. But this show was never really all that great imo anyway. I have always thought it ranged from just ok to good. Never like wow you gotta watch this levels or anything.
Say Girl

When it comes to character development in its first 2 seasons the show did better than pretty much any zombie movie out there (probably not counting 28 days) which was a real milestone and not just due to the fact that it was a show, as in having more time to do what it wants.

Coming from that to this is just rage worthy. I mean it's like losing the only thing it ever had.

And the horror thing isn't even an excuse. This isn't horror. It's not scare-driven. Actually the zombie parts are probably the most boring ones by now and have been like that for a long time. It's survival/postapoc, not really a zombie show since zombie stuff is usually driven by shock value while this obviously isn't. You could've put pink poisonous ponies in there and it would've been the same.