The Walking Dead (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
bootsy wrote:
Sky007 wrote:this show still suckin?
Pretty much. They'll walk around, wondering about life. A couple of them will go thru a mid life crisis get angry and somehow they'll get split up and then run into some crooked shady character, get a couple of fake 'that character is in real danger and they are really going to kill off that character, only they won't' and then on the very last episode of the 3/4 of the first half of the season they' l have a big catastrophe or battle and everyone will think it's awesome and then we wait for the beginning 1/3 of the second half of the season for more of the same.
Lol read the comics then you can open your mouth about what's to come

decent premiere, framing is still awkward and editing still sucks pee pee

so in a way, it's good to know not much has changed lol

Rick is
basically a villain, right? I mean, he virtually took over the town.

kind of a strange arc to put our protagonists through, especially because we've seen them as the "good guys"

also with Morgan and his staff, Michonne and her katana, Daryl and his crossbow, and Rick and his revolver, is this show turning into a party-based MMO?

Rick
isn't a villain because he's doing this for the well-being of these people. You could argue that the Governor was doing the same thing but Rick isn't attacking innocent people so he's clearly not a villain

SomeFrenchToast wrote:Rick
isn't a villain because he's doing this for the well-being of these people. You could argue that the Governor was doing the same thing but Rick isn't attacking innocent people so he's clearly not a villain
Judging by his actions he's behaving like one. See this is why I have such a big problem with this show: it justifies violence as a solution to most conflicts and apparently fascism is the ony way to survive after the apocalypse (yeah, sure). It seems to say 'violence is bad...unless you really really need to use it and unless the person who gets violence inflicted upon them really, really deserves it'. Who are our protagonists to say who deserves what in life? Someone who has not been with them from the start could observe what they're doing and say 'well, these people need to be stopped because they attribute no value to human life outside of their own little group and pat each other on the back for killing other people whilst telling others how to live'. Except the show never frames the main group's actions this way because then people wouldn't be able to enjoy Rick and co as characters and then there'd be no protagonist you could root for. 'Doing it for the well-being of these people' seems like the lousy Walter White justification (for his family when actually it's just for himself mainly). But BB had the decency to call Walter out on his BS once in a while. TWD is different in that regard.
Why should we accept at face value what Rick tells himself and others? It seems like the rationalization every authoritarian figure makes: these guys don't know how to live so i'm going to tell them how to live because I know better than anyone else and noone else's opinion is welcome on this issue and I have the final word because I know how tough the world is and these people don't. Seems pretty villainous to me because a villain doesn't actually think he's the villain, you know? But the show likely doesn't treat Rick as a villain because it's too much in love with the idea of 'tough choices in tough times' so everything Rick does is somehow justified in the eyes of the show. I know that in the comics that was different for a while but they have walked that back as well.

good premiere. rick is bae.

Who's blowing that damn horn?

DoubleD wrote:
Who's blowing that damn horn?
I'd wagger it's the Wolves, or someone from Alexandria who works with them for whatever reason, and they saw Rick's group leading the herd and saw there an opportunity to fuck things up
Alright premiere overall, nothing that exciting for the first hour-long premiere since season 2... the use of b&w really wasn't necessary for flashbacks and it really took me out of it as I was figuring what the hell was going on

Dammit Carter.
what a waste of Ethan Embry.
why couldn't they just burn that herd instead of playing follow the leader
Re the ending
I think Father Gabriel did the horn, loved how Rick shuts him down when he wants to help lol.

Re the ending
I think Father Gabriel did the horn, loved how Rick shuts him down when he wants to help lol.
[/quote]
that was best part of the episode

I've been binge watching the show on Netflix to catch up to season 6 and I've discovered that episode 412 is unequivocally the worst episode of the show.