The Walking Dead (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Well, this was not what I expected AT ALL.

I wasn't too impressed with that finale tbh. Too rushed, too many commercials, too many loose ends, just too...out of place. It really didn't feel like a finale at all.

The meat and potatoes of the episode was good, but then the ending was just like WTF? :wtf:
Bringing a load of new people to the prison? Ugh, if we don't suffer from lack of character development as it is. The only ones I wanted to see back with Team Prison were Tyreese, Sasha, Andrea and Milton. Not a whole bunch of new mouths to feed.

Though everyone from Team Prison lived, which it's self was a shocker. I for sure thought Hershel would bite it....but in the end it was Andrea and I was actually quite sad and surprised. I thought they'd do a whole bunch of redeeming storylines for her in S4. i I mean we didn't even get to see her die on screen like everyone else.

Her last moments weren't great either. Spending forever trying to pick up pliers with her feet and talking to Milton? I mean she could have been out of there way sooner and survived. Just lazy writing imo.

Also, where the hell did the Governor and his goons go? I was half expecting him to turn up back at the prison.

The only really good thing in this episode was Carl, Daryl/Carol, Tyreese and the little battle set up at the prison.
So, all in all, I'd give it like 5/10. Which annoys me because I had such high hopes for this as a finale and in the end I was just like...Meh.

Anyone noticed that the episode starts in the exact same way as the first one of the season?

i saw a post about it

The old folks won't last long
, we all know it, it's just to show that Rick is ready to accept, and have faith again.

Man, if the finale had
the battle like in the comics
everyone would be happy. :D

Glad they avoided the obvious and went for something else.

Jax_Teller wrote:
The old folks won't last long
, we all know it, it's just to show that Rick is ready to accept, and have faith again.

Man, if the finale had
the battle like in the comics
everyone would be happy. :D

Glad they avoided the obvious and went for something else.
Serious question

You high?

Okay so here's the deal:

I don't know what you people are smoking, but that finale was a great, in fact I think it's my favorite of the three finales we've had so far. Obviously not as much of a bloodbath as the season 2 ending, but it had everything:
1. Andrea's character arc of trying to save everyone finally comes to an emotional close
2. The Governor shows he can be even more Governor-y than we ever thought
3. Rick doesn't see Lori anymore, which I guess means he's finally accepted it, Carl is a different story
4. Carl actually seems to be becoming more like the Governor than like anyone else, that will make for some really interesting stuff next season.
5. I must say, whoever scores the show and chooses the music for certain scenes is totally on point.
6. They didn't go with the obvious battle scenario, they made it bittersweet, which seems more appropriate.

Everything was wrapped up well, whether it was positive or negative.
I swear you people were expecting like a nuclear explosion or something. In fact, I'm actually glad there wasn't a massive showdown of some kind. I'm glad it ended this way because it makes sense for the characters and who they are.

Overall I give this season a B though, the writing did feel inconsistent at times, but produced some truly amazing episodes (like "Clear"). However, since the showrunner is changing for next season, I think it's safe to say we might get back to some better written character development.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:Okay so here's the deal:

I don't know what you people are smoking, but that finale was a great, in fact I think it's my favorite of the three finales we've had so far. Obviously not as much of a bloodbath as the season 2 ending, but it had everything:
1. Andrea's character arc of trying to save everyone finally comes to an emotional close
3. Rick doesn't see Lori anymore, which I guess means he's finally accepted it, Carl is a different story
4. Carl actually seems to be becoming more like the Governor than like anyone else, that will make for some really interesting stuff next season.
5. I must say, whoever scores the show and chooses the music for certain scenes is totally on point.
6. They didn't go with the obvious battle scenario, they made it bittersweet, which seems more appropriate.

I swear you people were expecting like a nuclear explosion or something. In fact, I'm actually glad there wasn't a massive showdown of some kind. I'm glad it ended this way because it makes sense for the characters and who they are.

Overall I give this season a B though, the writing did feel inconsistent at times, but produced some truly amazing episodes (like "Clear"). However, since the showrunner is changing for next season, I think it's safe to say we might get back to some better written character development.
You should put "Breaking" in front of your post so we know it's an April Fool's joke.

Addicted2Movies wrote:

You should put "Breaking" in front of your post so we know it's an April Fool's joke.
We must have seen different episodes then.

Granted, it could have been better, but it definitely wasn't bad.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

the lack of plot development was only about a percent of my complaints so no i dind't expect a nuke (although nade launching towers from the promo kinda suggests more action even if i'm not watching the show for that, so there's other people that feel robbed out of it... my problems were different)

did you read my shit?

I thought the episode was pretty good. Maybe not as final as it could have been, but one that left the door open for potentially interesting future storylines. The events themselves were pretty well done, I'd have to say. Could it have been more self contained? Sure. Do I mind that it isn't? Nah, it was good enough. For me, anyway.