The Walking Dead (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
PowerDump wrote::lol: Worst The Walking Dead episode ever?

We get Andrea acting stupid and waiting for the zombie to to turn when she should be trying to get fee, thank goodness she dead I guess as she was annoying this season. We have all this build up for a massive battle and the Governer and all fifty people they had run from two people shooting at them that didn't kill anyone. Later those people call it a slaughter when absolutely nobody got killed in the shooting? How did that guy know that Carl killed his son? Where the **** is the governor right now? This episode feels as though barely anything happened at all.
Horrible episode, the second half of the season wasn't that good. At least the always great Game of Thrones is starting up.

Edit: People on Facebook are posting how bad it was.
I love The Governor in this show and wanted him to kill some of the prison group and survive. Not sure why they just had him drive away. Andrea's death made up for her antics this season, you could understand why she did them. They seem to drag out stories for reasons I don't know, maybe they want the tv series to last a long, long time. Oh well, as long as The Governor is awesome next season I'll be happy.

Also, his son was the kid who took the bullet from Merle in Episode 15, not the kid who Carl shot.

Yes, overall this season finale was anti-climatic due to the lack of a real showdown between Woodbury and the Prison, and that is disappointing, but regardless, the show keeps on providing the viewer with unexpected turns. It truly feels like an organic experience where anything can happen and anyone can die.

Skyab23 wrote:
Yes, overall this season finale was anti-climatic due to the lack of a real showdown between Woodbury and the Prison, and that is disappointing, but regardless, the show keeps on providing the viewer with unexpected turns. It truly feels like an organic experience where anything can happen and anyone can die.

Immensely disappointing for a finale but still had some decent moments.

6.8/10

I don't usually do this... but after a second half of this third season of trying not to rage at the incredible decrease in quality... this finale just filled my cup...

WOW. THIS SHIT ENDED WORSE THAN I EVEN EXPECTED... this "FINALE" was one dumbass hell of a trip...

1. the worst and the dumbest fucking way to get rid of milton
2. Andrea FUCKING AGAIN doing DUMB things for HOURS... what the fuck?
3. way to fucking deal with TY again...
4. JUST NOW you decided to make Governor more terrifying... THANK GOD. TOO FUCKING LATE CUZ IT STILL WAS POINTLESS and made just for the sake of shocking the audience... cheese-fest.
5. THAT KID IS STILL THE WORST FUCKING ACTOR EVER...
6. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE POINT BEHIND THE KID REACTING LIKE THAT?
7. Hell of a shootout... that was so exciting I shitted my pants..
8. BHAHAHAHHA AT GOVERNOR ... nice writing schmucks.
9. that guy knows about CARL killing HIS SON... who the fuck told him? JESUS?
10. NICE FORGETTING ABOUT DERYL AND MERLE SITUATION...
11. NICE FORGETTING ABOUT THE FUCKING MILITARY CHOPPERS AND STATIONS AND NEVER ADDRESS THEM SINCE EPISODE 1 and 2...
11. WAY TOO GO WITH THAT PATHETIC ENDING... so now... we're left with Gov vs. Rick again? Gov snapped, rage quitted and left for good?
13. worst fucking season finale I've seen in my life...
everything was fucking expected... and what wasn't... wasn't because it was what I call... SHITTY ASS WRITING :suicide: :facepalm:

After this ending I can say I'm hardly interested in season 4... HARDLY...

Game of Thrones here I come.

RIFA wrote:I don't usually do this... but after a second half of this third season of trying not to rage at the incredible decrease in quality... this finale just filled my cup...

WOW. THIS SHIT ENDED WORSE THAN I EVEN EXPECTED... this "FINALE" was one dumbass hell of a trip...

1. the worst and the dumbest fucking way to get rid of milton
2. Andrea FUCKING AGAIN doing DUMB things for HOURS... what the fuck?
3. way to fucking deal with TY again...
4. JUST NOW you decided to make Governor more terrifying... THANK GOD. TOO FUCKING LATE CUZ IT STILL WAS POINTLESS and made just for the sake of shocking the audience... cheese-fest.
5. THAT KID IS STILL THE WORST FUCKING ACTOR EVER...
6. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE POINT BEHIND THE KID REACTING LIKE THAT?
7. Hell of a shootout... that was so exciting I shitted my pants..
8. BHAHAHAHHA AT GOVERNOR ... nice writing schmucks.
9. that guy knows about CARL killing HIS SON... who the fuck told him? JESUS?
10. NICE FORGETTING ABOUT DERYL AND MERLE SITUATION...
11. NICE FORGETTING ABOUT THE FUCKING MILITARY CHOPPERS AND STATIONS AND NEVER ADDRESS THEM SINCE EPISODE 1 and 2...
11. WAY TOO GO WITH THAT PATHETIC ENDING... so now... we're left with Gov vs. Rick again? Gov snapped, rage quitted and left for good?
13. worst fucking season finale I've seen in my life...
everything was fucking expected... and what wasn't... wasn't because it was what I call... SHITTY ASS WRITING :suicide: :facepalm:

After this ending I can say I'm hardly interested in season 4... HARDLY...

Game of Thrones here I come.

yup, pretty much

Great episode. Disappointing finale.

Well that pissed me off...
I'm really disappointed how they treated the character of Andrea in the show. I was hoping they'd put her through this ordeal to harden her up, make her more like the comic. They pulled the exact same shit they did in the previous episode with her escaping Woodbury. All that build up only for her to "get it" at the last second... again. She totally could have taken out Milton without a scratch. So fucking cheap. Such a fucking waste.

Here's a nice interview with Laurie Holden about the episode.

I was excited to see how they'd wrap up the Woodbury/Governor storyline this episode. Apparently I give them too much credit. The "showdown" was laughable and they're continuing the Governor storyline into next season?! :facepalm: Lot of build up for little. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to next season.

There's still a lot of good stuff in the show, but also some really asinine decisions. As a reader of the comic, I don't mind deviations from the source material as long as the ideas are actually GOOD.

Maybe (few episodes behind) if Andrea took Gov's car from after the warehouse chase she would've gotten to the prison way faster than him so she wouldn't get caught. Maybe
So it's not just that we watched her struggle mentaly for a whole season but now we had to let Milton die for her only so that she'd struggle AGAIN with a pair of CLIPPERS so that she'd DIE ANYWAY.
Yeah finally we show bit more from the Woodbury citizens. Only perform a holocaust on em.
Something happening, something happening, cut to Daryl and whatshername to hear him say 'Merle never did a thing like that his whole life', supposedly skipping a whole conversation about it. Cool, we're skipping conversations now.

Why didn't they use the mounted machine gon on Gov's thug group instead of just jamming it and letting them go? What was the big idea behind all the precise preparation on every other thing, only to then wonder if you should go after em and finish it or not? You planned everything out but didn't plan out this? Did George Lucas write this?

So Gov ran outta bullets so he couldn't finish off headshotting those corpses. Wonderful.

Why didn't Gov go back to Woodbury? He's lied before about who died how, why not lie again? At least then he could've been ripped apart by his own town, but the season hasn't been built up to that it seems. It hasn't been built up to anything. So his plan is to run away with just a few thugs? Why are these thugs still with him?

Ty's friend's death was pointless but the character was pointless anyway.

Why did Rick and the OTHER TWO assume that Gov wouldn't have been back at Woodbury by the time they got there? They just missed an opportunity to deal with his whole gang at once (oh, yeah, don't use the mounted gun but firecrackers are ok!) in a situation where they had ton of advantage, but now it's a good plan to just use 3 guys to storm Woodbury? That woman that survived couldn't have possibly known where Gov and his pack of retards went.

So really what was their idea. Did they want to use that woman as a witness to gain entrance, the way they actually did? But if Gov and his retards were in there they would've just shot her on sight. Even the way it turned out no plan or intention was presented. In that scene it looked like it was the woman's idea to tell what happened.

I don't get how Milton couldn't move. I mean people in such condition usually can move, unless their spine is broken or something. I get it that the body is in a state of shock so the brain tells it to send more blood to it instead of the rest of the body but still, he should be able to move. The way it was in the episode was just too convenient.

Oh yeah, too bad the moment where Gov was the most terrifying was also the moment where he was most pathetic too, having to then run away because of what he did.

Why did the season finale feel less than a midseason finale?

EDIT: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/boa ... /212658220 lol
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/boa ... /212657284
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/boa ... /212656797

What a great finale. Not surprised although to see many people displeased with it on Neogaf (for those who know), they're a bunch of whiners over there, but this takes the cake. Those are people who trash the show EVERY week and yet keep watching, fascinating stuff.

The most common complaint is: NOTHING happened in this episode, it was boring, bla bla,
Governor's arc has no conclusion
, bla bla, Carl is a dick, blabla,
we wanted a full blown war, and nothing happened
, blabla

This has to be one of the most misunderstood shows and yet still overwhelmingly loved (cue ratings).

If you read the comic book, it becomes clear quite fast that this is a show with zombies in the background, the main point is survival, what you got to do to survive, how you survive, the sacrifices, the relationships. There's a lot of talking in the comics, zombies arent the most dangerous threat, and that's the point.

One thing I noticed is that there's much less uproar when we get episodes such as the Season 3 premiere where practically nobody talks for the entire episode and we get a lot of zombie killing. As soon as there's a lot of talking (and there is, that's the point of the show), complaints arise, about the stupidity of certain characters (Andrea I'm looking at you), or their decisions.

I'm sure that Mazzara (doesnt matter now since he's out) and he said so in interviews, and the writers, think about everything in terms of arcs, and story, and Mazzara did say (but he was called out as condescendant) that he feels a lot of the meaning of all that is lost on a lot of viewers, and I agree. There is a lot of thinking in all of this, and just because the characters dont gun down zombies every 2 minutes, or talk too much, it gets trashed. And yet, the haters keep watching, that's interesting.

All I can say is, the ending of the season finale is very interesting, in that it defies expectations, and I like that, I like not knowing what will happen even though I read every single issue, it goes the opposite of what you expect, and that's what pissed a lot of people off.

The show is in very good hands with Scott M.Gimple who did some of the best episodes this season, but I'd say overall, that this is an excellent season, as were the first two.