The Walking Dead (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

SomeFrenchToast wrote:
Norman is such a sweetheart...and we're taking over NF with our Daryl avatars. Sorry, not sorry. :lol:

madcowre wrote:
SomeFrenchToast wrote:
Norman is such a sweetheart...and we're taking over NF with our Daryl avatars. Sorry, not sorry. :lol:
No way we can be sorry about bringing sexiness and badassery to the forums. ;)

So
is Andrea essentially playing both sides?
Also, next episode looks like it could have some Richonne moments.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

God damn this show gets more n more depressing every episode. Finished 203 earlier
Sigs???

meh,,,

dunno what happened with this second half of the season... :suicide:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... ent-wrong/
Andrea’s character has slipped from merely irritating and stubborn (in the first two seasons) to willfully blind and a terrible judge of character (in the first half of season 3) to flat-out ridiculous and awful in Sunday night’s episode when she decided that she’d stick around in Woodbury after the Governor pitted two of her friends (the Dixon brothers) against one another in a fight to the death.
As blogger Jason Bittel writes, “You have so many sources for good, natural drama and yet they keep going back to the tactic used by daytime soaps—something happens to thwart sensible communication and everybody has to run around screaming for a few episodes until they can sit down and talk it out. It’s perpetually Act 3 of a rom-com.”
The only thing more nonsensical in the season thus far has been every single one of Andrea’s decisions, reaching fever pitch with Sunday’s episode and her mind-numblingly awful speech to the town peasants, all of whom suddenly believed, for no good reason whatsoever, that leaving the fortified town would somehow be a safer choice.
What we can’t buy are characters who we don’t believe and can’t sympathize with. The show has taken enormous pains to kill off or scare away most of the likable characters (and virtually all of the black characters, for that matter) and it’s done so in a way that leaves us with a cast we don’t care to spend time with.

Now even the easy-going Glenn is sunk into his own despair. Rick is a madman. Hershel is not merely crippled, he serves no real function outside of sitting around at the prison. Andrea is an idiot. Michonne is an idiot. Daryl is a good character, but the show had to resurrect Merle and so off goes Daryl (for now) leaving us with basically Carl.
But at this point, we’ve had all set-up and no pay off. We had the original conflict with the prisoners that quickly dissipated. Why didn’t they stretch that conflict out? Why move on so quickly? There was an interesting drama to be had between the prisoners and the refugees, but instead it’s turned into several smaller dramas, a new pack of refugees, a conflict between the prison and Woodbury, a new baby, and on and on and on.

How can a show feel at once so dragged out and full of so many easy resolutions all at the same time?
And so I tiptoe toward next Sunday with some trepidation. I want very badly to enjoy The Walking Dead, but I find that harder and harder to do. And really, when I think about it, I’ve found it harder and harder ever since the very first few episodes.

The moments early on in the show—Rick’s mercy killing of the zombie crawling through the park; the inability of the man he meets to shoot his zombie wife—were the best. That sense of something new, of a different way of looking at the zombie apocalypse, of a more human side to it all, is gone.
yes yes yes yes yes yes

EDIT:

even this interview with the actress playing Andrea doesn't convince me http://www.vulture.com/2013/02/laurie-h ... -fans.html

Worst analysis ever

Daryl still kicks ass with Merle around, I don't know what the shit this guy is talking about

SomeFrenchToast wrote:Worst analysis ever

Daryl still kicks ass with Merle around, I don't know what the shit this guy is talking about
:suicide: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

How about actually understanding english? The shit this guy is talking about is plain evident.

I think it's safe to say some like to judge character based on their physical appeal and not script quality that ought to slip their mouth every once in a while, to keep the viewer engaged and removed from purely eye candy factor.