The Walking Dead (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
prince0gotham wrote: next episode seems cool as hell tho
Ikr,
if you saw the promo I saw, then I'm wondering if this is Randall's group? And also one of the walkers looked livelier than the others :think:

the_red_ninja wrote:
prince0gotham wrote: next episode seems cool as hell tho
Ikr,
if you saw the promo I saw, then I'm wondering if this is Randall's group? And also one of the walkers looked livelier than the others :think:
yeah i dunno what's up with that but it finally looks like some progress could be made

I don't see how there's no progress. What's up with people wanting to have things rushed nowadays?

SomeFrenchToast wrote:I don't see how there's no progress. What's up with people wanting to have things rushed nowadays?
I guess the notion is that if people aren't running around or people are not dying, thus "no progress" :roll:

However, I feel that this episode was relatively productive, especially after last week's "bombshell" of an episode.

the_red_ninja wrote:
SomeFrenchToast wrote:I don't see how there's no progress. What's up with people wanting to have things rushed nowadays?
I guess the notion is that if people aren't running around or people are not dying, thus "no progress" :roll:

However, I feel that this episode was relatively productive, especially after last week's "bombshell" of an episode.
the exactly opposite, i thought there was more tension and inner movement in the story in season 2 (where there was barely any action) than in S3B

prince0gotham wrote:
the_red_ninja wrote: I guess the notion is that if people aren't running around or people are not dying, thus "no progress" :roll:

the exactly opposite, i thought there was more tension and inner movement in the story in season 2 (where there was barely any action) than in S3B
Fair enough. Perhaps the fact that we, the viewer, is now inside 2 different camps, the back and forth is draining the tension/story. Which is why the episodes where the camps collide have been the best recieved episodes.
In season 2 the viewer was just as clueless as the farm people and now in season 3, we know too much. So the writers really have to work it to "keep us guessing".

I wish we wouldn't have the Andrea/Governor moments though. I find them soooo boring I'm tempted to skip them each time I see that it's about to happen.

Game of Thrones > The Boring Dead
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

the_red_ninja wrote:
prince0gotham wrote: the exactly opposite, i thought there was more tension and inner movement in the story in season 2 (where there was barely any action) than in S3B
Fair enough. Perhaps the fact that we, the viewer, is now inside 2 different camps, the back and forth is draining the tension/story. Which is why the episodes where the camps collide have been the best recieved episodes.
In season 2 the viewer was just as clueless as the farm people and now in season 3, we know too much. So the writers really have to work it to "keep us guessing".
That's just it, we know too much that the characters don't and the whole show started to depend entirely on that. I mean it was the same with LOTR as well but it wasn't so major and it wasn't exploited or overused. They just had to assume everyone was either alive or dead and just move on and do their job. Here we got rivalling tribes where the whole conflict depends on what they know or they dont while the viewer knows all. Nothing is omitted from the viewer but he keeps seeing how characters, by chance or on purpose, omit stuff from each other and that's annoying as hell. That's the wrong kind of teasing because the show has created this artificial way of provoking curiousity and only sometimes satisfies the viewer's appetite. And whenever that happens people think that episode is automatically better. That's a cheap illusion of quality and progress. Obviously the creators have realized that they attract more attention by forcing the audience to discuss the show because right now the show is made almost entirely out of cheap intrigue and that kind of intrigue always spawns more discussion. But I don't want to be kept on a leash as a viewer and be fed crumbs of character development whenever the show decides it's time to get exciting by just... letting both camps meet.

People were saying the farm environment was dull. How is the prison not dull? It's a lifeless background that barely has any character of its own anymore. It used to be safe haven, then a dungeon, now it's headquarters. Beth's song created no atmosphere at all. Woodbury is even worse. The show was supposed to be about the human element but the people of Woodbury are as bland as the zombies. People complained about the scope that was lost in season 2, how is it properly used in this one? I mean they have a WHOLE TOWN and the show still keeps only Andrea, Gov and Milton in the frame. Sometimes some mercenary or some citizen saying some generic line. Sometimes the zombies have more character.

Once more Andrea continues to be the dumb ass bitch of the series. Tbh, I even like Merle more than her...quite a lot.

Merle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Andrea.
I'm kind of thinking Merle will die this season though and probably in the GN Tyreese way, which is pretty sad because his scene with Hershal showed me there's more to flesh out of him then meets the eye.

Also, I'm loving Carol so much lately, she's becoming the comic Andrea that the TV version never was. Her pimp out was great.

I also think Judith or Hershal may die this season too. I'm being such a debbie downer but oh well. No way will they kill Daryl like someone else suggested, he's the fan favourite and the series cash cow.