BBC's Sherlock

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I quite miss case of the week.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:I quite miss case of the week.

-Vader
Same here. Tonight's the night? No more Tumblr service...

I still haven't watched the first episode for this season...hmmmm

Is it over? Was it good?

Bacon wrote:Is it over? Was it good?
More importantly, is it out?

m4st4 wrote:
Bacon wrote:Is it over? Was it good?
More importantly, is it out?
Its out on the web now

Is it good?

I was out of the house so I couldn't watch it live. Just finished downloading it so going to watch it now :twothumbsup: :wave:

I'm sorry, guys, but I think this show might have jumped the shark. This episode was just all over the place and for a large part it felt more like a comedy than a mystery thriller. I know that the relationships in the show are so crucial to how it functions but they are really neglecting the sense of danger and thrill that, coupled with the terrific performances and the wonderful chemistry that the actors have with one another, made the show so compelling and somewhat unique. The narrative focus of the episode was unbelievably flimsy and its resolution was extremely unsatisfying. Sherlock's arc for this season is changing him to become someone who I don't have much interest in watching and after two episodes I still have absolutely no idea what the role of Lars Mikkelsen's character is going to be and how he's going to pose a threat to Holmes and Watson. This episode was definitely the weakest in the history of the series and my anticipation for the season finale is very tepid.

Oh boy... and with only one episode left. Will see for myself soon.