Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
chinn70 wrote:So, I'm gonna ask you a simple question to NOT QT fanboys.

If I say that Chris nolan can't do movies like Pulp Fiction/Kill bill/Django would you agree to this ?
I'd think that Nolan could do them if he wanted to, but he prefers not to, it isn't his style.
:lol:

At thinking Nolan could make a movie like Tarantino.

Allstar wrote:
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:

If I say that Chris nolan can't do movies like Pulp Fiction/Kill bill/Django would you agree to this ?
I'd think that Nolan could do them if he wanted to, but he prefers not to, it isn't his style.

It's just my guess. I'm not stating any facts. Nolan seems pretty capable of emulating different styles.

MyCocaine wrote:
bootsy wrote:
MyCocaine wrote: Since I am not a fan of Tarantino and knowing he is not a fan of Nolan as well as being a douche I almost interpreted that quote as an insult aim towards Nolan´s science fiction epic Interstellar.
Yeah I'm not really getting that as a slam towards Nolan or any movie like that. He's just saying he wouldn't make a non-space sci-fi movie.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Tarantino is weird like that.
I agree Tarantino is weird, quirky guy who probably isn't a fan of Nolan but I don't think that particular comment is a swipe and Nolan. Betnot be.

Allstar wrote:
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:

You could say the same about Tarantino. Matter of fact I will :lol:. As much as I love Tarantino the dude seems to be stuck on the same type of revenge/spaghetti western type movie constantly rehashing Leone's scores. I think Nolan could make something close to Tarantino than Tarantino could of Nolan's and make it very good.

In all honesty, both Nolan and QT are hacks, so why bother arguing? Let's look at the facts with their early on successful films: Memento and Pulp Fiction.

Memento:
So basically Nolan came up with the stupid idea to tell a story backwards. Oh man... genius! Throw in a plot twist and you have a masterpiece!

Pulp Fiction:
QT just threw in a bunch of story lines out of order in the same film and then threw in some pop-culture references and humor... therefore it must be cinematic greatness!

Now Nolan Fans... come, strike me down with your jedi weapons. Only then will you powerful enough with the dark side of the force to stop me.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:In all honesty, both Nolan and QT are hacks, so why bother arguing? Let's look at the facts with their early on successful films: Memento and Pulp Fiction.

Memento:
So basically Nolan came up with the stupid idea to tell a story backwards. Oh man... genius! Throw in a plot twist and you have a masterpiece!

Pulp Fiction:
QT just threw in a bunch of story lines out of order in the same film and then threw in some pop-culture references and humor... therefore it must be cinematic greatness!

Now Nolan Fans... come, strike me down with your jedi weapons. Only then will you powerful enough with the dark side of the force to stop me.
Um OK

bootsy wrote: Um OK
I'm so fancy. But you already know...

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:In all honesty, both Nolan and QT are hacks, so why bother arguing? Let's look at the facts with their early on successful films: Memento and Pulp Fiction.

Memento:

Pulp Fiction:

finally someone's telling it like it is

LOL... I was kidding. I was mocking something/someone... :lol:

I'm interested but I'm curious if it's going to be something closer to Death Proof than something closer to IB.