Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
can u delete my existence?

Ruth wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 5:03 am
This movie has such a big and great cast, and all the mentioned girls were great, but it’s kinda weird to just single out the 3 of them.
The point was the 3 are pretty damn new and he’s predicting they will become huge. It’s more that than singling out their performances. Butters and Qualley are really great though.

Is it fair to say with the other three it is still far too early to tell? I think Ruth is questioning the claims because some of the roles are a "blink and you'll miss it" kind of role.

Qualley was fantastic though and I look forward to more of her work.

Allstar wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 11:40 am
Ruth wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 5:03 am
This movie has such a big and great cast, and all the mentioned girls were great, but it’s kinda weird to just single out the 3 of them.
The point was the 3 are pretty damn new and he’s predicting they will become huge. It’s more that than singling out their performances. Butters and Qualley are really great though.
You’re not wrong lol and I wish I said nothing because the discussion then evolved into... something else. I really do not appreciate members insinuating someone has become “strange”. Not only is this rude on its own, it’s worse when a member doing this also has a history of odd behavior towards others. Moving on hopefully.

Speaking of good performances worth singling out, Austin Butler who played Tex was very memorable imo. An underrated performance, because I haven’t seen a lot of people talk about him here.

Watching Mindhunter and comparing and contrasting the different Tex Watson performance is so interesting. Such great timing that these two works came out within a month of each other.

PTA said his fav performance in this movie was Nicholas Hammond, lmao.

Artemis wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 11:55 am
Watching Mindhunter and comparing and contrasting the different Tex Watson performance is so interesting. Such great timing that these two works came out within a month of each other.
Already told you this, but I started rewatching season 1 yesterday, and will continue after I come back from my trip. It’ll be interesting to compare the two, especially given the in-story time difference.

Couple of episodes from s02 of Mindhunter should be essential viewing for some prior to seeing this.