Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 10:22 am
Lemme just do a quickie in this thread, waste everybody's time saying how much I'm unimpressed by it all.

No, wait, it's actually a mega-paragraph dump nobody cares about, yay.
Being unimpressed by the work of the director of the film this thread is about and why seems actually relevant. Offering points of comparison with other directors' work and why I'm drawn to them instead of Tarantino seems also relevant I this context (Herzog just being one example I might add, I could say why other directors impress me more than Tarantino as well).

Am I supposed to lie and say that I don't think he's an overrated director who has refused to challenge himself for decades at this point? If you can't talk about his oeuvre in a thread about his film where would you be able to do so?

Batfan175 wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 2:43 pm
m4st4 wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 10:22 am
Lemme just do a quickie in this thread, waste everybody's time saying how much I'm unimpressed by it all.

No, wait, it's actually a mega-paragraph dump nobody cares about, yay.
Being unimpressed by the work of the director of the film this thread is about and why seems actually relevant. Offering points of comparison with other directors' work and why I'm drawn to them instead of Tarantino seems also relevant I this context (Herzog just being one example I might add, I could say why other directors impress me more than Tarantino as well).

Am I supposed to lie and say that I don't think he's an overrated director who has refused to challenge himself for decades at this point? If you can't talk about his oeuvre in a thread about his film where would you be able to do so?
OEUVRE.

casually quoting vader's 3 month old post because it has a link to some of the best stuff i've read about once upon and if this doesn't make you stop for a moment and reconsider your thoughts on tarantino and his movies, especially hollywood, then you either have a different taste, which is fantastic, and you admit that and you admit that he's possibly a great director with a great filmography, just not for you
Vader182 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 2:57 am
amazing article on the movie by the always great Priscilla Page:

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/09/30 ... inal-rodeo

-Vader
or you're a fucking moron.

Snowflakes in this thread getting irrationally angry that someone isn't impressed by Tarantino.

calling people snowflakes is so 2016 lol

i do think sometimes there is group think on this board but at the same time we know what batfan has to say about everything so that's what people are really responding too.

Pratham's comment was fine and that's not what people are getting mad at.

Implying the opposing side have to be some kind of obsessives or snowflakes to disagree with your views is not how you either win your argument or have people ever take your opinions seriously

This isn’t the first time someone implies I’m either emotional, “angry”, or are some sort of obsessive fan (okay those were kind of hilarious but still) whenever I go against whatever someone else is saying. This is the kind of shit that immediately loses me as an active participant of a discussion.

not having melvanote foed is also very 2016

As much as I'd like to see it, I'm not really into the ideas of extended cuts/alternate cuts. The Hateful Eight miniseries is an interesting way to experience the film, but the most "extended" thing about it is the consistent addition of opening and closing credits.