Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Tarantino and Pine collaborating would be great

I wonder if QT saw Pine in Hell or High Water---that was his best performance to date in my opinion.

Pine is just amazing in everything.

If Parasite can't win, I hope this wins BP (it probably won't either). Just rewatched and it hit me way more than I thought it would.

Yes, seeing Parasite again, to make sure, but, as of now, this should easily win best picture in my opinion.

Instead of watching the Super Bowl I did the only logical thing, rewatch Once Upon a Time in Hollywood with Super Bowl party "Man" food. Easily becoming one of my favorite movies, BUT

you know what jumped out at me as a powerful image this viewing?

the whole movie has this montage feel guided by the 60s soundtrack as much as anything else, and in the climax when the radio falls into the pool (along with Rick) and the soundtrack suddenly drops, it's as though the sounds of the 60s and therefore the "decade" itself gets washed away beneath the waves of the pool

-Vader

shit bruh

that's nice

Man, when that title hits at the end, Once upon a time... in Hollywood, this hits hard. Tarantino gives you the bitter-sweet fairytale ending and I strongly believe this movie stands tall among the rest of his besties.

One detail I started pondering about more intensely this time round, when Rick Dalton gets to speak to Sharon via mic at her front yard, he literally merges two universes, does the impossible and breaks destiny itself. Has that almost Outer Limits/Twilight Zone feel to it. To get the importance of such feat, you simply cannot have anything other than what Tarantino did here, separate Sharon's tale from the rest throughout. A genius move.