Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
July 17th, 2018, 11:40 pm

Working title is "MAGNUM OPUS".

LOL
leaked video from meeting when title was decided

^ Still not quite sure he was right there, but damn close.

I think he outdid Pulp Fiction with Basterds. That is his masterpiece.

LelekPL wrote:
July 18th, 2018, 6:02 am
Meh. Pulp Fiction withstand the test of time much better than bastards.

LelekPL wrote:
July 18th, 2018, 6:02 am
Yup.

Basterds👏is🙌Tarantino’s🙏best👏film💯

Unless this one will outdo it, IB IS his current magnum opus. Pulp Fiction is great, but I might be massively biased towards Basterds because it was one of the best theater experiences for me ever, it’s one of those movies that made me love movies as much as I do.

Ruth wrote:
July 18th, 2018, 7:47 am
Basterds👏is🙌Tarantino’s🙏best👏film💯

Unless this one will outdo it, IB IS his current magnum opus. Pulp Fiction is great, but I might be massively biased towards Basterds because it was one of the best theater experiences for me ever, it’s one of those movies that made me love movies as much as I do.
I remember going into the film fully aware that "surely their plan to kill Hitler can't work"... and then it was one of the most satisfying endings to a film I've ever experienced. People were actually clapping in the cinema when the movie ended.

Quentin Tarantino's high-profile Charles Manson movie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, has moved its release date up by two weeks to July 26, 2019.

Sony originally slated the film, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt, for for Aug. 9, 2019, which will mark the 50th anniversary of the murders of Sharon Tate and her friends by Manson followers.

Studio insiders say the date wasn't changed because of the anniversary; rather, going out in late July gives the film more summer playtime.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ce=twitter

dat confidence

-Vader

I think it's a good call moving it off the anniversary, whether they admit that's the reason or not. It always seemed a bit tasteless.