Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I am all for it

If the director considers that the definitive version of his film or if it's something he would've wanted to release then hells yeah

the way i see it - any other cut doesn’t take away the theatrical we all saw so like who cares lol. more footage, yay!

lol that too

Forum Pro
Law
Should I watch this tonight?

Only Ruth’s answer matters

Or Vader

Law wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 7:27 pm

Or Vader
yes <3

i’ve also been meaning to rewatch this for weeks - have not yet seen it since august

Boring story. Boring scenes. Boring characters. Boring dialogue. Superficially stitched collection of Tarantino imitating his past movie tricks that doesn’t amount to anything and doesn’t have any depth. Unless you’re enamored with these Hollywood personalities it doesn’t translate to any kind of effect. It actually feels like the director is making fun of them given Pacinos whole dialogue about the audience seeing the actor get beat up. Intentional inside joke among directors maybe. ( in The Gentlemen’s trailer they seem to be doing that to McConaughey and he’s completely oblivious to it when he reads that goofy monologue with his “serious” actor’s whisper ending with ‘there’s a message in there somewhere maybe you can explain it to me.’ Huh?!! And then they cut to Hugh Grant saying ‘oh he’s going for it isn’t he’).The clothes are great though. Trailers were so promising. This movie is the equivalent of Tarantino telling an uninformed viewer “I’m Quentin Tarantino baby, suck my dick” What’s with so many movies this season having great trailers and then being underwhelming.
Last edited by kamarozy on January 4th, 2020, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Law wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 7:27 pm

Or Vader
yes

twice

-Vader

Forum Pro
Law
To Ruth, To Vader..

I just finished it. and..

Bacon wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 6:10 pm
As much as I'd like to see it, I'm not really into the ideas of extended cuts/alternate cuts. The Hateful Eight miniseries is an interesting way to experience the film, but the most "extended" thing about it is the consistent addition of opening and closing credits.
And yet, the theatrical cut of Kingdom of Heaven is awful from what I hear while the extended cut is seemingly a masterpiece.

If I was a member of Sharon Tate's family I would be livid with this film.