Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
There is no way Tate is murdered in this movie. I just don’t see QT going there after what her sister was saying. My guess is Polanski is killed instead or Manson himself is killed.

Forum Pro
Law
shauner111 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 12:00 am
There is no way Tate is murdered in this movie. I just don’t see QT going there after what her sister was saying. My guess is Polanski is killed instead or Manson himself is killed.
Manson is 100% gona be murdered in some insane QT way.. much like the last 30min of Django.

Law wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 12:16 am
shauner111 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 12:00 am
Manson is 100% gona be murdered in some insane QT way.. much like the last 30min of Django.
good chance of this, but with the sheer amount of people saying it's crazy / terrible in the end yet a very personal movie overall i wouldn't be surprised if 6 year old QT is -literally in the movie-

i do expect historical comic-revisionism somehow though.

-Vader

It’s funny that Lodge and Kohn gave the more middling reviews when they were both butthurt about QT’s spoiler request.

i know it's like hilarious kohn gave this the exact same score he gave the last two after panning inglorious basterds and lodge likes this more than tarantino's last 5 movies but im 100% certain they were just mad they were told in a letter they shouldn't spoil the ending

-Vader

Kohn does, in fact, like most of Tarantino's movies. He gave Django, Hateful Eight and this all Bs. Lodge doesn't much, which is fine. But you're calling out the professionalism of critics because they felt patronized Tarantino told them how to do their job. I'm not sure anything about that is contradictory. People hated it when villeneuve went way overboard too.

also, that interview gives TONS away about the movie so i would be careful reading it, i stopped a third through and skipped the whole intro. what's contradictory is tarantino doing an interview that gives away the whole structure and thematic point of the whole movie

-Vader

QT clearly did not want the 3rd act stuff spoiled. He’s perfectly happy discussing the basis of the characters and general setup of the world he’s portraying. I really don’t feel spoiled by that interview at all, just more excited. He barely even teased the Manson elements. What’s hypocritical is not having a problem with Bong requesting it but then being “annoyed” by Tarantino. The whole reaction was very bizarre. But whatever, I don’t really care about the reviews much anymore, I’m pretty sold at this point.

they literally give away the location of where (a lot?) of the third act takes place and the overall direction of the story from the start to the ending!

i regret reading some of it. I only did since I figured a spoilerphobe like QT would know better.

-Vader

We all knew where a lot of the 3rd act would take place, obviously that’s in the climax. It’s the why, the who and the what that happens is what is important. I read a lot of reviews and that interview and I still can only take an educated guess. Plus reviews already “spoiled” the structure anyway. But yeah if you don’t want to know this stuff don’t read it. But like you say everyone’s mileage varies on this stuff, I’m not a big spoiler phobe.