Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Chastain going off now. Like I said, I can't see Margot taking this role. I can just see somebody making a comment at the Oscars with her at the ceremony. Women in the industry won't want to touch him with a ten foot pole anymore, unless it's a lower key actress who is desperate for a meaty character. This whole project is going to get real interesting in the next few months.

Chastain is a nut who can't appreciate any nuance whatsoever. If anything, she's destroying her own career. QT is friends with dozens of A-list directors and she's going sanctimonious on twitter over a stunt gone bad that didn't kill or paralyze the victim who is famous pretty much only because of that same director? :wave:

Chastain should hardly be taken seriously. Will DiCaprio drop out? (good lord I hope not)

That would be a disaster.

It'd be a worst case scenario but it has me worried because DiCaprio's a pretty professional activist and he may not want the potential backlash.

I’m not defending Quentin here but Chastain is truly insufferable.

There's no excusing Quentin's bullying behavior, but honestly politicizing this story as part of the #MeToo movement is patently absurd. Directors (probably unethically) push and/or bully their stars into dangerous stunts often. So many stunt men and women die every single year, sometimes doing stunts more dangerous than they signed up for.

He should be held accountable for his actions, but I fail to see how this is a specifically woman-related event. I get that Therman couldn't speak out becuse of QT's power in the industry, but that would be equally true were she a male star as well.

....Nolan more or less forced Anne Hathaway to act in freezing water insider her spacesuit. If that story came out in 2018 it would be painted in a similar light. How many actors break bones or have semi serious injuries on set due to unsafe conditions or circumstances that were misleadingly said to be safe. IE Ford on Star Wars s well. This is different since QT openly forced her to do it, but it's not rare and that's a HUGE problem.

Conflating these things is dangerous.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
February 4th, 2018, 4:39 am
There's no excusing Quentin's bullying behavior, but honestly politicizing this story as part of the #MeToo movement is patently absurd. Directors (probably unethically) push and/or bully their stars into dangerous stunts often. So many stunt men and women die every single year, sometimes doing stunts more dangerous than they signed up for.

He should be held accountable for his actions, but I fail to see how this is a specifically woman-related event. I get that Therman couldn't speak out becuse of QT's power in the industry, but that would be equally true were she a male star as well.

....Nolan more or less forced Anne Hathaway to act in freezing water insider her spacesuit. If that story came out in 2018 it would be painted in a similar light. How many actors break bones or have semi serious injuries on set due to unsafe conditions or circumstances that were misleadingly said to be safe. IE Ford on Star Wars s well. This is different since QT openly forced her to do it, but it's not rare and that's a HUGE problem.

Conflating these things is dangerous.

-Vader
Nolan forced Anne Hathaway? 😳 Didn't she have problems because her suit wasn't zipped all the way up and she didn't say anything?

She told them and he made them complete the scene rather than go through the trouble of wasting the whole day and going all the way back to the location because it was remote.

-Vader

Tourmie wrote:
February 4th, 2018, 2:54 am
Chastain is a nut who can't appreciate any nuance whatsoever. If anything, she's destroying her own career. QT is friends with dozens of A-list directors and she's going sanctimonious on twitter over a stunt gone bad that didn't kill or paralyze the victim who is famous pretty much only because of that same director? :wave:
...only fucked up her neck and knees for life. Bitch should be grateful and just shut up about the whole thing, is what I’m reading here.

I’m with Vader, this goes under ‘how to destroy a partnership/friendship for dummies’ and, of course, safety on movie sets. Doesn’t make QT less of a douche, and especially when you consider his history.