The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
kanjisheik wrote:Great pics. Can't wait to watch the movie already! :-)
Tintin has never been popular in the States (perhaps because of Tintin In America? ;-) ), so it would be interesting to see how much of this movie's box office will be from overseas.
Even if it isn't well known, having Spielberg and Jackson's names on the trailers will probably help it a lot.

I'll be seeing the movie and I never heard of Tintin before this movie.

Thank god for French class. I would be like "unicorn?, like one piece of corn?".

@ 742 - That's probably one of the reasons why they decided to band together. Even then, the studio was quite reluctant to greenlight the trilogy, until Spielberg decided to direct the first part & Jackson producing, while Jackson would direct the second part with Spielberg producing.

@ chee - You should definitely check out the comics. Herge was a frakking genius. There are 24 volumes in all, and they are all amazing. My dad bought me a boxed set when I was 6, and I fell in love with Tintin and co. Even now, whenever I feel like unwinding, I take out a book and read it.. The art is crisp and neat, giving it a quaint old fashioned yet timeless look. The dialogues are magnificent. You could probably get them at the local library. Trust me - you won't regret reading it. :-)

Nah, my library sucks and has nothing. But I guess I'll go pick up the first volume next time I'm at the comic book store.

This is my most anticipated of the year, seeing Steven Spielberg's name right there next to Peter Jackson's gives me goosebumps, especially given how wonderful the source materiel is.

First few posters, footage tomorrow:

http://www.slashfilm.com/first-poster-s ... ore-104060

Really, really awesome posters.

-Vader

Jizz in my pants.

this one will take an oscar for best animated picture of the year - simple as that

Dark Nolan wrote:this one will take an oscar for best animated picture of the year - simple as that
+ a nod for Best Picture. 8-)