Biggest Pet Peeves in Movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
My post on the BvS Wonder Woman picture made me create this topic. I mentioned that one of my pet peeves is "when they use still images from previous films or the set and try to sell it as a picture in the next film." But that's not even close to being in the top.

The biggest one I have is in a school setting. You see the scene opens up in a classroom with the teacher introducing the topic to the class. Without any edits in his speech, suggesting there was a time jump, about 2 minutes later you hear the bell ring and it's the end of the lesson. I mean WTF! You just started the lesson! I know it's done only to set something up, but as an ex-teacher this really bothers me. Especially since the teacher is always caught off guard by the bell, like he has no control over the structure of the lesson.

There's more but I'll leave some of them for the rest of you.

LelekPL wrote:My post on the BvS Wonder Woman picture made me create this topic. I mentioned that one of my pet peeves is "when they use still images from previous films or the set and try to sell it as a picture in the next film." But that's not even close to being in the top.

The biggest one I have is in a school setting. You see the scene opens up in a classroom with the teacher introducing the topic to the class. Without any edits in his speech, suggesting there was a time jump, about 2 minutes later you hear the bell ring and it's the end of the lesson. I mean WTF! You just started the lesson! I know it's done only to set something up, but as an ex-teacher this really bothers me. Especially since the teacher is always caught off guard by the bell, like he has no control over the structure of the lesson.

There's more but I'll leave some of them for the rest of you.
Also along with the school one: THEY'RE NEVER IN FUCKING CLASS

Gun fights with magically unlimited ammo clips. John Woo I'm looking at you

Well that picture of Wonder Woman was always a picture, and we see them take it in Wonder Woman. That one of Rachel in TDKR bugs me because no one took a picture then. Only the ones on set.

Nomis wrote:Well that picture of Wonder Woman was always a picture, and we see them take it in Wonder Woman. That one of Rachel in TDKR bugs me because no one took a picture then. Only the ones on set.
I didn't see Wonder Woman but that was exactly my point. They actually went out of their way to make that picture be real in BvS and from what you're saying, they recreated it in Wonder Woman.
Dodd wrote:Gun fights with magically unlimited ammo clips. John Woo I'm looking at you
YES! I also remember watching Desperado and Mariachi was wasting so many bullets on just one guy.

Oku
Nomis wrote:Well that picture of Wonder Woman was always a picture, and we see them take it in Wonder Woman. That one of Rachel in TDKR bugs me because no one took a picture then. Only the ones on set.
The photo of Rachel in the Wayne Manor?

Was it really a set photo from The Dark Knight??

EIther that or a screen from the film. It's from the restaurant scene.

It's a production still.

Kinda like Indy's lovely production stills of Connery and Elliot in KOTCS

Oku
I searched around, and wow, they really did:

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/File:RDMG.jpg
13:32, July 26, 2008
Couldn't they have emailed Ms. Gyllenhaal and asked for a personal photo to use?

Or at least Photoshop the color of the dress or something so it's not so obvious that it's a still from The Dark Knight...

So it's a picture of her on a date with Harvey :lol: