Watchmen (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I watched this show while it first aired because of the same, tired lindeloff routine of tv where he'd lure you in through a great world setup. All it does in the end though is make you hate him and yourself for getting fooled. I wanted to do a re-run on Juneteenth, but I skip directly to episode 6, then 8, and the first part of 9 (because jeremy irons). 2½ episodes, imo, is all the mark this show has left.

What's rest is very fucked up from many perspectives. I mean, why would one of the most male-karen of a writer would go and write about black-struggle only to exploit it as a story-device is beyond me! Yes, one of the writer was Black (who made lindeloff aware about the tulsa massacre, btw) but besides the fact that they only used her for episode 6, she even wanted to get out of the writing job on account of what the rest of the show turned out to be. In my eyes, this Watchmen's no better than Snyder's (if not worse) and it deserves the same amount of criticism. And seeing how it's being promoted as a part of "fight racism starter pack to make you feel good about yourself" show, we need to remember that the show itself falls under the umbrella of pretty-fucking-racist.

I could go hours on how bad the optics were in the storyline of the show but instead, the better thing to do if you want to watch the show is, pay $5 and listen to this episode of review of this show from an actual black person. https://strugglesession.substack.com/p/ ... ll-menaker.

It's really a fucking shame because I wanted to finish The Leftovers season 3 and get some closure there but honestly I'm not gonna enable this guy anymore.
PS: I did not mean to make my first post after at least 8(?) years a hate-post on HBO's Watchmen of all places but I love this community so I just had to remind everyone to consume this piece of work, even if you end up enjoying it, as nothing more than what actually is, Damon Lindeloff doing a blackface through Dr. Manhattan.

m4st4 wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 3:32 pm
Absolutely terrifying.

“It is the oldest ironies that are still the most satisfying: man, when preparing for bloody war, will orate loudly and most eloquently in the name of peace.”

Dude!!!