Watchmen (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I can't wait for episode 8,
Dr Manhattan is such a fascinating character
I can't wait to see what they have in stores for us.

Ok. I caught up.
I thought it was interesting that Ozymandias sheds a tear when the room starts chanting “guilty”; does he actually feel remorse? I mean, they make it abundantly clear that he’s uninterested in the trial. So my assumption was he had a plan all along and that was probably the reason why he didn’t care. But that tear makes me second guess myself. Does he actually have a plan or is the tear a mixture of him feeling trapped and remorseful?

I would totally watch the fake Dr Manhattan documentary if it was fake directed by Emile Francisco de Antonio or Jean-Luc Godard.

Stocked for tonight's episode.

That was immense. Beautiful, confounding, dazzling. It is delightfully weird yet entirely sincere in a way the comic was and Snyder's movie just wasn't. Wow.

-Vader

Don't think I've ever seen a show this ambitious before

Woaaaah.

No idea how this is gonna end and I like it.

Forum Pro
Law
That was easily the best hour of television I've ever watched.

Vader182 wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 11:42 pm
That was immense. Beautiful, confounding, dazzling. It is delightfully weird yet entirely sincere in a way the comic was and Snyder's movie just wasn't. Wow.

-Vader
Billy Cruddup was better Doc. Although I like this altered look better, felt more... Real. I guess years of techno advancement.

This was a great hour of television. Leftovers s03 level of quality, basically now standard for Lindelof, congrats.

We don't deserve this episode. Or Lindelof. Everything he has done has been building up to this episode, kind of. I'm getting a simultaneous perception of his whole artistic/professional timeline since he read Watchmen at 13, through Lost, through Leftovers and now back to Watchmen, nothing ever ends.

It's also incredible how the most high-concept and structurally intricate and complex episode is also this show's most emotional, most sentimental one.
Love the way it finally connects and explains the "thermodynamic miracle" thing/thread that applies not just to Laurie and Angela but Jon himself, of course obviously the reason why he identified with them (his father was jewish and his mother left him for an SS officer, like of course).

Also the way the love theme contrasts with "falling out of love with Utopia" thing that happens for Jon on Europa and will later happen for Ozzy too, that's all brilliant too, as well as so Leftovers/Lindelof in terms of this typical thing that often occurs in his writing that forces his characters to always be severely disappointed by the things they dream/long for once they get them.

Also speaking of typical Lindelof tricks - characters crossing thresholds to come as their opposites on the other side (and sometimes even returning), like so many LOST characters (Locke or Sawyer or Sayid or others) or John in Leftovers - that's all so strong here too with Jon becoming "human" for a while or even looked at the other way around - with Cal suddenly becoming the God... that he always was?...

Also is it possible that Jon made Cal's heart stop back in Vietnam?

Aaaaaaaand how and why would the 7k assume that they could easily capture Jon faster than he can turn them into racist cornflakes? I mean, he is kinda slow, but...

Forum Pro
Law
I really dug the use of handheld when she was approaching the Kalvary outside.. and god damn that music

Another amazing episode. I love this storytelling so much. King and Mateen are just so damn good

Irons is incredible, some of his best work I've ever seen