The Favourite (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yorgos Lanthimos' next film, The Favourite, stars Emma Stone, Rachel Weisz, Olivia Colman, Mark Gatiss, Nicolas Hoult and Joe Alwyn. The picture just wrapped principal photography in the UK.
Synopsis:
[The Favourite] Follows the political machinations behind the scenes during the reign of Queen Anne, the last monarch of the House of Stuarts.
The film will be produced by a new production company called Arcana. Set up by Ryan Gosling and veteran producer Ken Kao. The company will focus on finding and developing material for film and television.
Arcana has partnered with producers Ceci Dempsey of Scarlet Films and Ed Guiney and Lee Magiday of Element Pictures, together with Film4 and Fox Searchlight.

Robbie Ryan is the DOP (Philomena, I Daniel Blake)

The film is set to be released in 2018.

wow ok

Yorgos Lanthimos? 17/18th century? Fucking in.

Yep

I'm totally down but man there's some diminishing returns with this guy's stuff lately.

-Vader

HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS

Vader182 wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 11:59 am
I'm totally down but man there's some diminishing returns with this guy's stuff lately.

-Vader
relative to what?

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 3:01 pm
Vader182 wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 11:59 am

-Vader
relative to what?
well I adored Dogtooth and it was one of my favorites that year, but Alps, The Lobster, and Deer all let me down in one major way or another.

EDIT: i still think they're cool though

-Vader

werd, i think his third acts tend to drag but for ~*~my~*~ sensibilities he's prolly the most exciting filmmaker working today