Ad Astra (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
A gentle reminder that for The immigrant, Gray showed his cut to Harvey Weinstein, and Weinstein said: either you change your film (including adding a new scene as ending scene), and I will take the film to the oscars, especially Cotillard. Or I will do the bare minimum of marketing for the film if you keep this cut. And Gray kept his cut.
So I wouldn't worry about the strange marketing, the reshoot, the release date...

Presumably everyone else started hearing "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" when Tyler popped up

^lol

I'm really looking forward to this. I hope it's akin to Lost City of Z but in space. While I obviously don't know that yet I doubt this is going to be a very mainstream film know what I mean?

Also, don't forget Blade Runner 2049 was marketed like a big action blockbuster but it actually was a slow-burn psychological character centred drama like the first film. Just a thought.

As for VFX, I'm sure they'll be polished by the time it's released. One of the least sensical things to worry about when it comes to movie trailers lol
Last edited by Nomis on June 6th, 2019, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

The evaluation voice sounds like McQuarrie's VO for the Fallout briefing.

Marketing for Lost City of Z was pushing a pretty action heavy adventure. The movie we got was drastically better. I'm assuming this will be similar

the content of the trailer looks fun

New poster

Promotion intensify, can't wait for James's next piece of art.