Ad Astra (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I'm seeing this next month but I'm keeping my expectations in check. I'm not anticipating another Interstellar. Gray is no Nolan. But if it's a solid space movie, I'll be content. I really like that they are trying to be faithful to science with this, though. That's definitely a plus in these types of movies.

If it's Lost City of Z in space I'm game

It's going to be wonderful, James is a truly singular artist. Can't wait.

Insomniac wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 5:39 pm
Lorne Balfe will be composing "additional music":

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2019/08/23 ... rne-balfe/

This is never a good sign, no? Just reeks of Fox not being happy with Richter's score and bringing in a mini-Zimmer to make it sound more like a blockbuster score at the last minute.
We don't know how last minute this is though. Could have all happened like two months ago and only just being announced now.

antovolk wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 9:50 am
Insomniac wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 5:39 pm
Lorne Balfe will be composing "additional music":

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2019/08/23 ... rne-balfe/

This is never a good sign, no? Just reeks of Fox not being happy with Richter's score and bringing in a mini-Zimmer to make it sound more like a blockbuster score at the last minute.
We don't know how last minute this is though. Could have all happened like two months ago and only just being announced now.
Absolutely, and friendly reminder that filmmusicreporter often reports news lately.

Ace

What time is the premier, again?

Early reviews glowing. Ehlrich called it a masterpiece. Total film 5/5. Little White Lies “Apocalypse Now in Space”

Nolanfans.com sinks