Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Lol, Zimmer has literally no shame anymore.

Anyway not a very good film, but a very likeable one. Diana/Steve combo is still gold and that's kind of enough really.

This was....bad. Decent acting/chemistry from Gadot, Pine, and Wiig, but the plot (mcguffin) was sooo stupid even for superhero movies.

Loved this so much, third best DCEU for me.

m4st4 wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 1:19 am
radewart wrote:
December 25th, 2020, 8:28 pm
This was....bad. Decent acting/chemistry from Gadot, Pine, and Wiig, but the plot (mcguffin) was sooo stupid even for superhero movies.

The margin between the positive and negative elements of this movie are very wide for me. I loved how it was a throwback to the works of Sidney Lumet; a social satire of excess, capitalism, the American Dream and how it is achieved. I also loved how Patty Jenkins was influenced by the visuals of Superman movies, and not just the ones that were directed but Richard Donner.

For a movie that rejects excess, this movie sure feels really stuffed with it, and you do start to feel its length. Also, Cheetah's reason for existing in this movie is completely shallow and does not feel explored beyond a first draft.

Despite some pacing/runtime issues and an unsatisfactory secondary villain, I was really taken aback by what this movie chose to be and what it chose to be a throwback to.

Action wasn't always the cleanest combination of practical and CGI and couple of moments were head scratchers but the movie manages to round it all up in the end and earn its several gut wrenching scenes; it carries its enormous heart on a sleeve, Zimmer was on another level and every lead actor brought their personal A game to this, Pedro Pascal especially. Gal and Pine are a treasure and thank god, Cheetah's face wasn't Cats.
DCEU continues to be individualistic and interesting to say the least. Cynical mind will absolutely hate this yes.

Haven’t seen it yet and now Youtube will be full of scenes and spoilers! Thanks HBO MAX!

m4st4 wrote:
Behind/Ahead of which DCEU movies?

bootsy wrote:
December 27th, 2020, 3:47 am
m4st4 wrote:
Josstice League goes off this list come March 2021.

m4st4 wrote:
December 27th, 2020, 4:09 am
bootsy wrote:
December 27th, 2020, 3:47 am
m4st4 wrote:
Josstice League goes off this list come March 2021.
Interesting list I'll say that for sure. Especially that you liked WW84 > WW.