The Witcher (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Master Virgo wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 8:21 pm
I really love it when they keep the eye colours as depicted in the source material. It really bothered me with both Potter and Rings where almost none of the eye colours were accurate. lol
And Thrones.

Numbers wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 1:14 am
Master Virgo wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 8:21 pm
I really love it when they keep the eye colours as depicted in the source material. It really bothered me with both Potter and Rings where almost none of the eye colours were accurate. lol
And Thrones.
I'm just waiting for the decent writing/storytelling to kick in with this show. Maybe in episode 9 lol.

Batfan175 wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 8:45 am
I'm just waiting for the decent writing/storytelling to kick in with this show. Maybe in episode 9 lol.
lmao same

Few episodes in. It was a mistake not just to follow Geralt hunting monsters as a more serialized format around him develops. It's doing too much too soon.

The actual writing, IE plotting and dialogue, aren't great either. Cavill's shockingly really good, if expectedly a bit flat. Overall, good bit of fun though.

-Vader

I generally love this season.
U can definitely say it's done with heart and soul from Lauren, writers and cast.
Structure of a season at the end pay offs, and I like that, but I understand a criticsm.
Sometimes dialogues felt a bit off, but that's nothing they can't improve in S02.
Anyway, I can't wait for S2.

im at ep 6 and am now very happy about it, against all odds they're nailing some of the things that matter most about this (while struggling with others) but it's pretty promising and S2 is beginning production in February yey

Finished s01.

Has its problems, all of which can be fixed easily in s02, which begins production in February anyway. The narrative structure isn't always as clean as it should be, but when its good, it's damn good. All of the main characters are perfect for the role, and the music, production department, fight choreographers, are doing the world justice!

I finished it and mostly liked it but they do throw a lot at you at the beginning and the separate way they choose to tell the 3 characters' stories. Episode 5 was the weakest for me.

This is definitely a show you shouldn't watch while fiddling with your phone or doing the laundry.

Passed Mandalorian as the biggest show this year as per business insider.

Insane, also, they have a seven season plan? fuk I wonder if they can even release one season per year considering how large this production is