Suspiria (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 1:57 pm
Just spent too much money for a limited edition EP of unreleased music Yorke made for the film (limited to 1500 copies). Contains 15 minutes of unreleased material. I'll probably post a rip of it here for anyone interested (m4) if it doesn't get a digital release.
Man I just saw the info on their Facebook page, so good! Post a picture if you like, once it arrives. 🕷️

4 days until VOD warning. 13 days until my cinema rewatch, since it’s actually coming here. Can’t wait to see Volk on the big screen again.🕷️

I hope this gets an Editing Nomination.

Out on Digital HD and 4k NOW.🕷

What the heck was this movie?? :shock: :shock:

Well, we now have Argento’s reaction and it seems he either played it nice with Guadagnino or their call was “great” for other reasons. “It did not excite me, it betrayed the spirit of the original film: there is no fear, there is no music. The film has not satisfied me so much,” Argento recently said in an interview with Radio Rai 1’s Un Giorno da Pecora (via Indie for Bunnies), slamming the remake.

He went on to concede that it was “a refined film, like Guadagnino, who is a fine person.” In a statement that may be more damning then he intended, he also added, “Guadagnino makes beautiful tables, beautiful curtains, beautiful dishes, all beautiful…”

Upon its release this past fall, the reimagining of the 1977 classic certainly divided critics and was mostly ignored by audiences, failing to cross even the $2.5 million mark at the domestic box office.
https://thefilmstage.com/news/dario-arg ... -original/

I've avoided this page until I finally watched this remake last night.Sorry guys.
Did I like it ?
Yes,yes I did.
Do I prefer this over the original ?
Yes. :oops:

Allstar wrote:
January 19th, 2019, 1:24 pm
Well, we now have Argento’s reaction and it seems he either played it nice with Guadagnino or their call was “great” for other reasons. “It did not excite me, it betrayed the spirit of the original film: there is no fear, there is no music. The film has not satisfied me so much,” Argento recently said in an interview with Radio Rai 1’s Un Giorno da Pecora (via Indie for Bunnies), slamming the remake.

He went on to concede that it was “a refined film, like Guadagnino, who is a fine person.” In a statement that may be more damning then he intended, he also added, “Guadagnino makes beautiful tables, beautiful curtains, beautiful dishes, all beautiful…”

Upon its release this past fall, the reimagining of the 1977 classic certainly divided critics and was mostly ignored by audiences, failing to cross even the $2.5 million mark at the domestic box office.
https://thefilmstage.com/news/dario-arg ... -original/
Allstar, you seem to enjoy posting these crushing sort of ‘reality checks’, imagine being betrayed by your childhood idol? At least Tarantino cried lol.

But it’s understandable that Dario cannot comprehend the level of subtlety and layers in which Luca operates, his entire filmography is pure shock value, pretty visual and loud filmmaker, as opposed to Guadagnino’s elegant, almost romantic hyper-realism. Apples and oranges definitely.🕷️

Guadagnino's film owns the original so much. Never has a remake surpassed the original film so much since probably The Thing. Not even The Fly (I really enjoyed the Vincent Price version as well).

Both are hypnotic in different ways but Guadagnino's version is well... good. It's actually really good. Thematically fascinating, tense, graphic, beautiful and sexy. Some of the performances are so-so but other than that it has been one of the most memorable films of the year.

Allstar hasn't even seen this guys