Suspiria (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Okay, I apologize for being misconstrued with you. I still think you both really overreacted at me.

As for this, my only concern at the moment is Moretz. Hopefully Luca knew what he was doing with that casting. Alright Bacon, sorry to question you. I personally wouldn’t mind being asked why I am excited for something, I’ll try not to question you in the future.

She seemed pretty awkward/subdued in the trailer... that’s good in my book. Doesn’t look like a big role either but we’ll see.

I'm waiting for Moretz to have her first big critically acclaimed performance. I reckon she has it in her to be regarded on the same level of respect as Emma Stone or Brie Larson, but for some reason it has not happened yet.

BlairCo wrote:
July 3rd, 2018, 2:52 am
I'm waiting for Moretz to have her first big critically acclaimed performance. I reckon she has it in her to be regarded on the same level of respect as Emma Stone or Brie Larson, but for some reason it has not happened yet.
I was her supporter shortly after Kick-Ass, but much like Dakota Fanning it never happened for her. So I guess I don’t care that much now. She’s alright.

Has anyone here seen The Miseducation of Cameron Post? If I remember correctly, Moretz got great reviews for her performance in that.

Penguin022 wrote:
July 3rd, 2018, 12:22 pm
Has anyone here seen The Miseducation of Cameron Post? If I remember correctly, Moretz got great reviews for her performance in that.
Heard the same. Eager to see her performance.

I think the film debuted at Sundance, so I doubt anyone here has seen it. Unless someone went to Sundance and didn't think it was worth sharing. :think:

She was good in Dark Places, other than that I still have to be convinced she's one of the best of her generation. She does look promising in this though.

Nomis wrote:
July 4th, 2018, 6:16 am
She was good in Dark Places, other than that I still have to be convinced she's one of the best of her generation. She does look promising in this though.
Saw the trailer?

m4st4 wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 8:54 am
Nomis wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 7:15 am
Finally saw the original. Turns out, it's not very good. The intense colours made it beautiful to look at but that's about it. However, I do think it's ripe for a remake. So I watched the trailer for this and holy fuck YES I dig this so much. It feels like Guadagnino is making this so much better on every single level. I think it's a good decision to go with this look as well, the one thing the original did well looks vastly different here and I'm digging that a lot. Johnson looks terrific btw, cannot wait to see this!
All aboard the hype train.

Right, I remember now.