Suspiria (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 6:38 pm
Bacon, I just asked a question and wondered something...which you did not answer.
I know exactly what you were saying and anyone else on here does. You have had no purpose on this site for the past year other than to appear superior to others (in this situation, morally superior) and why you have genuinely not been banned for half of the arguments/insults you throw out is beyond me.

I have not seen Call Me By Your Name, Darkest Hour, or The Post because they were the three that interested me least and/or they were also the three that did not have a significant theater playing them near me. It has nothing to do with the politics of any film (I'm not protesting The Post for being "mainstream media propaganda"). I had not seen Lady Bird until a couple of weeks ago as I am still catching up on films from 2018. Stop looking deeper into things than there are to appear morally superior.

Lastly why would someone exclusively need to see Luca's other work to be excited about this? It's a remake of a classic cult-horror film with a hefty cast and a score by one of the most well-respected musicians of the past 30 years.

What did Tarantino say about It Follows? Didn’t he... like it lol?

Bacon, I’m not responding your defensive bait part. The fact you’re defensive about this actually says a lot when I just asked if you saw a movie. Also, generally the reason to hype film a lot is almost always the Director, especially with arthouse movies for obvious reasons. They make or break the film, it is fully theirs.
Allstar wrote:
M4, that’s funny you say that because I remember people on the internet getting so mad about his It Follows opinion. :lol: m4, not my intention at all, I’m glad people are excited about this, it’s why I shared the post.
Ruth, he bitched about the logic or rules towards the end, he said it was inconsistent with its logic.
Last edited by Allstar on July 2nd, 2018, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allstar wrote:
Bacon, I just asked a question and wondered something...which you did not answer. So have you seen Call me by Your Name? If so I am curious your thoughts, if not please watch it. I figured one would almost have to watch it to be pumped for this unless you’ve seen Luca’s other work... have you?

M4, that’s funny you say that because I remember people on the internet getting so mad about his It Follows opinion. :lol: m4, not my intention at all, I’m glad people are excited about this, it’s why I shared the post.
What. Are. You. Talking. About.

If it’s something from the past, nobody cares. Not me, and certainly not Bacon. You need to stop with delusions, dirt digging and poking already. Grow up.

Huh? I wasn’t talking about you. I was talking about the internet in general, I made that quite clear.

Allstar wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 7:03 pm
Bacon, I’m not responding your defensive bait part.Also, generally the reason to hype film a lot is almost always the Director, especially with arthouse movies for obvious reasons. They make or break the film, it is fully theirs.
It's hardly a defensive bait post. It's literally just explaining stuff that shouldn't have to be explained because you're trying to turn nothing into something.

And while the director plays a huge role and is sometimes the only reason people initially get excited or interested in a project, as I made in my last post, this is an exception to that. There are a plethora of reasons to be excited or at least interested in this film that go beyond Luca's involvement and to ignore those is pointless tbh

Allstar wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 7:05 pm
Huh? I wasn’t talking about you. I was talking about the internet in general, I made that quite clear.
I still don’t see how his opinion on It Follows has anything to do with this situation.

Bacon wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 7:06 pm
because you're trying to turn nothing into something.
This is literally what you and now (sadly) m4 are doing. I literally did nothing and you both freaked out on me. You could have just said you did not watch it yet and why (like you just did and it was a perfectly reasonable explanation) and this would have been a whole lot easier. I watched Call me somewhat recently for similar reasons and that made me get hyped for this... it was before the first trailer came out though.
m4st4 wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 7:07 pm
I still don’t see how his opinion on It Follows has anything to do with this situation.
because you said you mostly respected his opinion on horror/genre. I was curious if you agreed or disagreed with him on that one since it was pretty infamous with the backlash he got, I think the director even responded. It just made think of it.
Last edited by Allstar on July 2nd, 2018, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allstar wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 7:09 pm
Bacon wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 7:06 pm
because you're trying to turn nothing into something.
This is literally what you and now (sadly) m4 are doing. I literally did nothing and you both freaked out on me.
m4st4 wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 7:07 pm
because you said you mostly respected his opinion on horror/genre. I was curious if you agreed or disagreed with him on that one since it was pretty infamous with the backlash he got, I think the director even responded.
No idea what he thinks about that movie I adore privately.

As for this whole... thing, going on here. Just accept that you were once in a position of discovery like Bacon here and stop teasing him and then retreating to your usual ignorance like nothing happened and suddenly we’re the ones creating scenarios. Be better than allstar for once.

Suspiria, anyone? Yay. Still my most anticipated for the rest of 2018.

I'm "freaking out" on you because your statement in your initial post was obviously questioning the reasoning I had for not watching the film. It doesn't take a detective to figure out why you implied what you did, and it only emphasizes the problems people on this site have with you.

It makes no sense in the first place to question why someone would be excited for a film - let alone to try and discredit someone's reasoning for being attracted to art. A film with the history the original has, the bands/artist attached to the music on both, and the cast on this one has my interest. Not to even mention how great the teaser was for this.

This film is one of the (if not my) most anticipated film of 2018 for sure and I'm able to say that because I'm looking forward to it. Not a hard concept to grasp.
Last edited by Bacon on July 2nd, 2018, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.