Suspiria (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 8:54 am
Nomis wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 7:15 am
Finally saw the original. Turns out, it's not very good. The intense colours made it beautiful to look at but that's about it. However, I do think it's ripe for a remake. So I watched the trailer for this and holy fuck YES I dig this so much. It feels like Guadagnino is making this so much better on every single level. I think it's a good decision to go with this look as well, the one thing the original did well looks vastly different here and I'm digging that a lot. Johnson looks terrific btw, cannot wait to see this!
All aboard the hype train.

the hype rises even more

m4st4 wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 4:28 pm
Allstar wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 2:12 pm
Luca Guadagnino Shares Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Suspiria’ Rave Reaction: ‘He Was Crying and Hugged Me’
https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/luca- ... 201980367/
This is going to be amazing.
Do you actually care about Tarantino’s opinion? Because I always remembered people rolling their eyes at his movie opinions and dismissing them.

Bacon did you even watch Call me by Your Name yet? If not I wonder why? :think:

Breaking news: no one is able to ever agree about something with Allstar or look forward to a film on here

Bacon, lol, certainly sounds like it. Hopefully not his intention? One can hope.
Allstar wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 6:01 pm
m4st4 wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 4:28 pm
This is going to be amazing.
Do you actually care about Tarantino’s opinion? Because I always remembered people rolling their eyes at his movie opinions and dismissing them.

Bacon did you even watch Call me by Your Name yet? If not I wonder why? :think:
I care about Tarantino’s opinion when it comes to specific genres, like in this case horror. He is a massive Argento supporter and if he saw new Suspiria and legit cried I trust in his instincts. His general TOP 10 lists are... weird, to say the least. But that’s another story.

I don't take your hidden accusation of homophobia lightly Allstar, considering my past experiences (real life and on here) of being an extremely sheltered kid in the middle of the most intolerant state in the nation. I've apologized for the idiotic posts I made as a kid on here, and surely others would not consider their views at 12/13 to be accurate reflections of their own world views.

You need to grow up because, at the current moment, you're the only one who hasn't.
Last edited by Bacon on July 2nd, 2018, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bacon, I just asked a question and wondered something...which you did not answer. So have you seen Call me by Your Name? If so I am curious your thoughts, if not please watch it. I figured one would almost have to watch it to be pumped for this unless you’ve seen Luca’s other work... have you?

M4, that’s funny you say that because I remember people on the internet getting so mad about his It Follows opinion. :lol: m4, not my intention at all, I’m glad people are excited about this, it’s why I shared the post.