Suspiria (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
December 10th, 2018, 11:45 am
So this isn't making any money...
Not sure how Amazon usually deals with their releases but definitely not. One on the house for Luca, I’m just glad it even exists. 🕷️

Same. Guess we can forget about a sequel.

Nomis wrote:
December 10th, 2018, 12:06 pm
I was saying that from day 1

Bacon wrote:
December 10th, 2018, 2:22 pm
Nomis wrote:
December 10th, 2018, 12:06 pm
I was saying that from day 1
Yeah... That was always clear.

I’m quietly forming this weird Stockholm syndrom/bond with Suspiria 1977. Watched it couple more times since my last review, different circumstances and companies. And this wouldn’t exist without it and just the way it is.🕷️

Oh nice, you're still talking about this movie. Meanwhile the release date in my country: Soon...
And it'll be release in dvd and blu-ray in january in the US.

obligatory “what the fuuuuuck did i just watch”

i might share some more thoughts on this tomorrow, but i mostly loved it up until
blanc is nearly decapitated. the eeriness of the ritual up until that and thom yorke’s song kicking in, really reminded me of a thing somebody said about hereditary’s ending - it looked like something we weren’t supposed to see. the dance was so powerful for me, and the very beginning of the ritual as Susie enters the chamber felt almost a bit regal in a way, but the whole reveal, added with the music, turned it into a weird experimental music video looking thing. Just too much of a tonal dissonance for me, and as weirded out as i was, i felt slipping out of the “mood”. The movie has so many highs for me, but this soured everything a bit.
Also a little meh about the epilogue, but by that time, unfortunately, most of the audience was laughing out loud, so that might have had an impact. Kinda makes me hate going to the movies

Just spent too much money for a limited edition EP of unreleased music Yorke made for the film (limited to 1500 copies). Contains 15 minutes of unreleased material. I'll probably post a rip of it here for anyone interested (m4) if it doesn't get a digital release.