Hellboy (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
October 6th, 2018, 1:36 pm
DREAMER wrote:
October 6th, 2018, 1:25 pm
Thanks.I'll try to checkout The Descent ,seems to be his most noticeable work going by a quick google search.
Regarding Hellboy,personally I thought GDT got the tone and visuals down perfectly.But I was surprised to read that Mignola,who's work I just love,felt rather differently on that matter.
Well that's because Hellboy, the way Mignola creates him, is a solitary folkore set of tales with a pretty specific tone. Both Del Toro and Mignola are strong visual authors, but once you read the paper stories they don't feel like movie adaptations at all. On the surface level, yes, but I'd pick Mignolaverse over those two movies in a heart beat. They almost feel like a natural continuation of H.P.Lovecraft and E.A.Poe. And then you have B.P.R.D. from John Arcudi, which is like Cameron doing Aliens after Ridley Scott. Such a different beastie but so, so fucking good. Those books changed my life in a way. 🕷
Interesting.
Any idea when we may see a trailer for this ?

I liked del Toro's Hellboy movies because they were gorgeous creature features with tons of excellent practical effects and Ron Pearlman was great. As long as we get some strange and Lovecraft-inspired dark fantasy out of this I'm happy. Haven't read any of the comics by the way so...

Just seen the NYCC leaked footage. No matter what happens with this movie, David Harbour is KILLING. IT. On par with Perlman and might be his Ryan Reynold's Deadpool moment.🕷

m4st4 wrote:
October 14th, 2018, 12:31 pm
Just seen the NYCC leaked footage. No matter what happens with this movie, David Harbour is KILLING. IT. On par with Perlman and might be his Ryan Reynold's Deadpool moment.🕷
Where have you seen it?

DHOPW42 wrote:
October 14th, 2018, 1:23 pm
m4st4 wrote:
October 14th, 2018, 12:31 pm
Where have you seen it?
In the wild, potato quality.🕷️

link or it didn't happen

Nomis wrote:
October 14th, 2018, 3:35 pm
link or it didn't happen
Google exists and it's literally seconds away. Won't link such quality, not even here.🕷

the links I've found have already blocked the footage... Feel free to PM me

m4st4 wrote:
October 14th, 2018, 3:38 pm
Nomis wrote:
October 14th, 2018, 3:35 pm
link or it didn't happen
Google exists and it's literally seconds away. Won't link such quality, not even here.🕷
Nomis and I have literally been searching and we can't find anything.

EDIT: Searched twitter and found one that hasn't been taken down.
Meh. Looks like a lesser version of Del Toro's with a few more shots of blood.