Killers of the Flower Moon (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Why is it so expensive?

m4st4 wrote:
February 22nd, 2020, 5:11 am
Why is it so expensive?
No idea. I mean every Marty film is about 100 million these days and we all know why Irishman was so expensive but this seems obscene. Have a feeling this report is not fully true but I could see it moving to Netflix so Marty doesn’t have to deal with headache of studio.

I love Scorsese but his budgets are getting out of control. I know this is a period piece but $225 million is WAY too much for this type of film. With a budget like this, there's no way a studio could make a profit.

I think Netflix may even balk at this. They aren't brining in subscriptions at the same pace as before and are acquiring more and more debt.

how scorsese should handle this

Wall Street Journal - Martin Scorsese Courts Apple and Netflix to Rescue Costly DiCaprio Film
Paramount balks at $200 million-plus budget, forcing producers to seek new studio
Martin Scorsese’s representatives have been holding talks with Apple Inc., Netflix Inc. and others, as they seek a new company to produce or distribute the director’s next big-budget film, according to people familiar with the matter. This shift would be the second time in a row the director’s project has become too costly for its original studio.

The project, “Killers of the Flower Moon,” had been slated for production at ViacomCBS Inc.’s Paramount Pictures, but then the movie’s cost ballooned to more than $200 million

They're going to de-age in this too? lol that's an insane budget

give marty the money to make his pictures you cowards

Artemis wrote:
April 10th, 2020, 10:24 am
Unfortunately the cowards would be the ones losing money on this so I completely get them not wanting to take the risk.

LelekPL wrote:
April 11th, 2020, 3:31 am
Artemis wrote:
April 10th, 2020, 10:24 am
Unfortunately the cowards would be the ones losing money on this so I completely get them not wanting to take the risk.
I know what you mean and if def understand the hesitance on their end.

I get Marty's temptation to make a big epic, but he has to know this type of project would never earn the money he needs/wants.

-Vader