Killers of the Flower Moon (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
LelekPL wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 2:27 pm
This is a milestone in the way that the Irishman was by uniting De Niro-Pacino-Scorsese-Pesci-Keitel just by having DiCaprio and De Niro share the screen in a Scorsese movie. Him finally having his two biggest muses in one film is a big deal. Hopefully it ends up being more engaging and less awkward than the Irishman.
The Irishman is his best film, though. Abandoning all the excesses of Goodfellas, The Wolf or Aviator, it is a tragedy. Behind all the struggle for power, violence, murder, it is the every day tragedy of a man living his life as a passenger. A man who refuses the weight of freedom. Like so many of us do every day. Because it's easier.
But in the end it doesn't prevent regrets.
With Hugo, for very different reasons, it's the only Scorsese that moved me to my core.

Hope again Scorsese will let his Visconti side get the best of his Fellini side.

LelekPL wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 2:27 pm
This is a milestone in the way that the Irishman was by uniting De Niro-Pacino-Scorsese-Pesci-Keitel just by having DiCaprio and De Niro share the screen in a Scorsese movie. Him finally having his two biggest muses in one film is a big deal. Hopefully it ends up being more engaging and less awkward than the Irishman.
And they get to play an Uncle/Nephew to each other...just perfect.

Demoph wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 2:50 pm
With Hugo, for very different reasons, it's the only Scorsese that moved me to my core.
Funny enough, both movies are in my bottom 3 of his career, with... Mean Streets (which for me is probably his most overrated work). I had a completely different emotional reaction to them, especially Hugo, which I disliked both on technical (cliched music, 3D) and storytelling (too concerned with homages than characters) levels. Both Hugo and Irishman also highlight his one weakness in most recent years - terrible use of technology that can take you out of the movie. In Hugo it was the already dated CGI and in the Irishman the hilariously bad deaging. It's normally a minor complaint that doesn't impact my overall enjoyment of a movie but when it was so jarring (especially in the Irishman) it really took me out of the movie completely.

Demoph wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 2:50 pm
Behind all the struggle for power, violence, murder, it is the every day tragedy of a man living his life as a passenger. A man who refuses the weight of freedom. Like so many of us do every day. Because it's easier.
And I got that from the movie as well. I can't say he wasn't successful in conveying all of what you said. The problem is that this idea at its core isn't a particularly interesting story in my opinion. But I can definitely see how you can like it if it suits your sensibilities.

"We are thrilled to finally start production on 'Killers of the Flower Moon' in Oklahoma,” said Scorsese in a statement. "To be able to tell this story on the land where these events took place is incredibly important and critical to allowing us to portray an accurate depiction of the time and people. … We’re excited to start working with our local cast and crew to bring this story to life on screen and immortalize a time in American history that should not be forgotten."

!!!

Yes!! After Silence and The Irishman, Marty is about to deliver another powerful one.

First photo released.

androcell wrote:
May 10th, 2021, 12:26 pm
First photo released.

Gonna have to see this one in cinemas hopefully bc I have no interest in getting an Apple TV subscription.

Bacon wrote:
May 10th, 2021, 3:14 pm
Gonna have to see this one in cinemas hopefully bc I have no interest in getting an Apple TV subscription.
It will have an initial exclusive wide theatrical run but what’s wrong with signing up for a month when this releases just to watch this as many times as you want? That’s what I’ll do. Long ways away but hope this gets criterion treatment like Irishman.

OMG yes !!
I wasn't expecting a little teasing already!!
It's all going to be great!!