Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:lol
Don't laugh. I'm serious yo.

They're serious too

right

Right?

OMG PLEASE.

Only thing is they'll likely force a PG13

If that happens then it would be the first time that I'm going to be excited for F&F flick.£

I'm not confident in Shane Black doing a PG-13 after Iron Man 3. His style loses A LOT from this change.

Oku
But Iron Man 3 is one of the best MCU films, though. :P

That and maybe it's that I don't remember it that well (only seen it once), but I could see The Nice Guys still working with a PG-13 rewrite/recut.

LelekPL wrote:I'm not confident in Shane Black doing a PG-13 after Iron Man 3. His style loses A LOT from this change.
But the style is a matter how things are presented or said, not what is being presented or said.

Like, the best parts of The Nice Guys are not the edgy parts, it's the way the characters are written and performed.

Iron Man didn't really make much sense for Black anyway, because he's tied to maintaining the superhero tropes. In this, it could be more along the lines of Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. Even if it's not R rated, he can still do wonders with this.

“Vin and I had a few discussions, including an important face-to-face in my trailer, and what I came to realize is that we have a fundamental difference in philosophies on how we approach moviemaking and collaborating. It took me some time, but I’m grateful for that clarity. Whether we work together again or not.”

Looking ahead to the ninth installment in the Fast and Furious franchise, and whether or not Johnson will return for that film, is a step too far at the moment:

“I’m not quite sure. Right now I’m concentrating on making the spinoff [Hobbs and Shaw] as good as it can be, but I wish him all the best, and I harbor no ill will there, just because of the clarity we have…Actually, you can erase that last part about ‘no ill will.’ We’ll just keep it with the clarity.”
Murdered Vin with that last bit.