Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Okay Okay, I'll end up seeing this JUST for Ms. Kirby.

she always knows exactly what kind of film she's in

not everybody does

Kirby for Selina Kyle.

Liked this more than any of the diesel fueled entries.

Also made me realize I’ll always prefer Bond and M:I over these more cartoon like action entries, but I had fun, it (mostly) works if you accept it a certain way from the start.

Kirby is for sure the highlight.

Honestly the women in this franchise have always been great, bringing some sincerity to the otherwise obnoxious male power fantasy.

Johnson/Statham is fun, but could have used more clever writing. Like, a Shane Black treatment.

Cilogy wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 10:42 am
Kirby is for sure the highlight.

Honestly the women in this franchise have always been great, bringing some sincerity to the otherwise obnoxious male power fantasy.

Johnson/Statham is fun, but could have used more clever writing. Like, a Shane Black treatment.
Team Rock or Stath?

Honestly, I was trying to pinpoint with bros afterwards what exactly feels wrong with Dwayne lately and I think I got it - he’s charismatic and fun to watch, but whenever he starts acknowledging it, he feels like a slime rather than effortless, giant, humble charisma. And here, for me at least, he was completely overshadowed by both Statham and Kirby.

Still better than Diesel, that guy just cannot act aside from Groot (lol) and I guess Riddick back in middle ages.

Forum Pro
I very much enjoyed the movie but man did it drag? It’s not as tightly edited as the other entries. They leaned on the banter between Johnson and Statham too much, it got to a point where it wasn’t funny anymore for me. Seeing the film, I really wish that Shane Black directed it.

Vanessa Kirby stole the movie, it was cool seeing Helen Mirren come back. Apparently Keanu Reeves was in talks to play the Director but I’m hoping they cast either Denzel Washington or better yet Tom Cruise, which would be fucking crazy.

lowest f&f opening since tokyo drift

diesel & most importantly LORD TYRESE rise

ArmandFancypants wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 10:04 am
lowest f&f opening since tokyo drift

diesel & most importantly LORD TYRESE rise
Lmao get out. :lol:

Seen it today, it was... nothing for me.