Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
James Gunn Returning to Write and Direct ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’
While “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” has yet to hit theaters, Marvel has already set James Gunn to return to write and direct a third installment.

Gunn announced the news on his Facebook page on Monday, shortly before embarking on the “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” press tour.

“So, after many months of ruminations and discussions, I know the answer. I could save this answer for the first, random interviewer to ask me during the press junket but instead I thought I’d share it with the most important people in the Guardiansverse – you, the fans, who have been so incredibly supportive and enthusiastic over the past five years, it has moved me to tears on a regular basis,” he wrote. “So, yes, I’m returning to write and direct Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.”

from baby groot to puberty groot? :think:

Pratham wrote:from baby groot to puberty groot? :think:
"Like I am so Groot. OMG"

But this is actually pretty cool news. Not that it's unexpected or that it will make part 3 into something amazing... but that it will make GOTG one of the few single director trilogies we had. It will stand there with BttF, Mad Max, LOtR, etc. Also it will be only the second full superhero trilogy after Nolan's Batman. That's pretty unique. Good for Gunn.

Great news. He will be the first MCU director to complete a trilogy.

Gunn is so good to the fans.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
LelekPL wrote:

But this is actually pretty cool news. Not that it's unexpected or that it will make part 3 into something amazing... but that it will make GOTG one of the few single director trilogies we had. It will stand there with BttF, Mad Max, LOtR, etc. Also it will be only the second full superhero trilogy after Nolan's Batman. That's pretty unique. Good for Gunn.
Don't forget Rami's Spiderman.

Mantis Toboggan wrote:
LelekPL wrote:

Only if you look over the fact that Sony forced Raimi to shoehorn Venom in the movie. Dumbasses :facepalm:

Mantis Toboggan wrote:
LelekPL wrote:

Oh yeah. I forgot about it.

“Much of what’s happened in the MCU for the past ten or so years has been leading, in a big way, to the Avengers’ Infinity War,” Gunn said. “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will happen after all that. It will conclude the story of this iteration of the Guardians of the Galaxy, and help catapult both old and new Marvel characters into the next ten years and beyond.”
Pretty cool and impressive that Gunn can kind of a pull a Nolan and conclude a trilogy within the MCU system.

Allstar wrote:
“Much of what’s happened in the MCU for the past ten or so years has been leading, in a big way, to the Avengers’ Infinity War,” Gunn said. “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will happen after all that. It will conclude the story of this iteration of the Guardians of the Galaxy, and help catapult both old and new Marvel characters into the next ten years and beyond.”
Pretty cool and impressive that Gunn can kind of a pull a Nolan and conclude a trilogy within the MCU system.
Well, just as long as they remain more or less self-contained because otherwise they don't work as films on their own. I also hate that they announce sequels to theses series before the Infinity War for the universe has even happened...now I know that the Infinity War can't even potentially be the end for any of these characters, which lowers the stakes right away for those films because I know the characters will make it out ok in order to have another entry in their own series but good story structure is not what Disney's interested in and it's the reason why their MCU films are mostly just mediocre at best.

Well they still left a lot of room for many superheroes to be killed in Infinity War. Iron Man, Thor, Cap and Hulk, the original and biggest 4 of the MCU, don't have any movies scheduled past the next Avengers film. That leaves a lot of room for potential stakes and tension. Yeah, you know that (some of the) Guardians, Black Panther and Captain Marvel are going to be alright... but weren't you expecting that already?