Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
atilasantos wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 2:55 pm
Artemis wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 2:52 pm
atilasantos wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 2:49 pm
So now Disney is okay with those pedo jokes? :think:
They're probably not okay with it but they realize it was an overreaction.

Firing someone or judging someone for what they tweeted 10 years ago is a really bad look especially if that person hasn't tweeted similar things for a while.

Keep in mind, what happened to Gunn could happen to any one of us. We spent so much of our formative years online that we're bound to have said some stupid shit. Do you want to be fired for something dumb you said 10 years ago?
The guy made jokes about pedophilia and Disney is a family-friendly company. I rest my case
That's not even a good case. I work in oil and gas but I've talked about how I don't like some of the actions of the oil and gas industry. Should I be fired?

Ruth wrote:
atilasantos wrote:
WB seems to be fine either.
WB is pure trash. WB CEO Kevin Tsujihara is under investigation, allegedly traded sex for movie roles with actress

atilasantos wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 3:01 pm
Ruth wrote:
atilasantos wrote:
WB is pure trash. WB CEO Kevin Tsujihara is under investigation, allegedly traded sex for movie roles with actress
So you're mad that Tsujihara did something wrong and that WB took action and did the right thing by investigating?

Master Virgo wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 2:56 pm
I wonder if it had something to do with Cap Marvel's success.£
I think this decision preceeded that. It sounds like they've been working on deals in secret for a while and Disney never approached other filmmakers.

Interestingly, Bautista did an interview with EW last week where he strongly implied Gunn would be rehired.

-Vader

Artemis wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 3:02 pm
atilasantos wrote:
Ruth wrote:

So you're mad that Tsujihara did something wrong and that WB took action and did the right thing by investigating?
I never said that, my point is: WB CEO is pure trash, the guy who runs everything

atilasantos wrote:
This should be the takeaway here.

atilasantos wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 3:09 pm
Artemis wrote:
atilasantos wrote:

I never said that, my point is: WB CEO is pure trash, the guy who runs everything
You said WB is pure trash. Not WB CEO is pure trash in your previous post. :lol:

He's being investigated and he'll probably lose his job. He's going to be punished and that's the right move by WB. How can a company be trash if they are taking the proper steps in a situation like that? Also, Tsujihara doesn't "run everything." He's just chairman of the films I believe.

Apologies for assuming but it seems like you're making a bigger deal out of this than it should be. So just because Disney is a "family friendly" company means that everything their freelancers (he is a freelancer. He is not an actual employee.) do has to be family friendly?

honestly the timing of this is just amazing - they waited long enough for the alt righters to stop caring, and now that they're busy with Cap Marvel/Larson, and Endgame is only a month and a week away, they rehired him lmao

Artemis wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 3:13 pm
atilasantos wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 3:09 pm
Artemis wrote:

You said WB is pure trash. Not WB CEO is pure trash in your previous post. :lol:

He's being investigated and he'll probably lose his job. He's going to be punished and that's the right move by WB. How can a company be trash if they are taking the proper steps in a situation like that? Also, Tsujihara doesn't "run everything." He's just chairman of the films I believe.

Apologies for assuming but it seems like you're making a bigger deal out of this than it should be. So just because Disney is a "family friendly" company means that everything their freelancers (he is a freelancer. He is not an actual employee.) do has to be family friendly?
Disney makes movies for kids and the guy thinks pedophilia is funny. Seriously?

Vader182 wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 3:03 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 2:56 pm
I wonder if it had something to do with Cap Marvel's success.£
I think this decision preceeded that. It sounds like they've been working on deals in secret for a while and Disney never approached other filmmakers.

Interestingly, Bautista did an interview with EW last week where he strongly implied Gunn would be rehired.

-Vader
Sean Gunn did a similar interview at the Captain Marvel premiere nonetheless.