Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ruth wrote:
April 6th, 2018, 12:31 pm
As someone who LOVES Nirvana, I kind of want people to explore more of the other 90s music styles tbh. it's sad grunge is the primo thing people associate with the era, when it can be so much more

like, it might be GTA San Andreas talking in me, but speaking of late 80s to 90s, I'd really be up for a new jack swing revival in modern pop culture
Why is it sad, if it’s Nirvana?

I mean, people can associate their decades with whomever, as long as they realize every decade is also filled with quality stuff from pretty much every known genre, including the ones that were born through natural evolution of music.

And I’m sure if James Gunn were to ‘go 90s’, we’d hear lot more than just, idk,’Rape me’. Dude knows a good track. With that being said, Nevermind is a masterpece no matter what.

Ruth wrote:
As someone who LOVES Nirvana, I kind of want people to explore more of the other 90s music styles tbh. it's sad grunge is the primo thing people associate with the era, when it can be so much more

like, it might be GTA San Andreas talking in me, but speaking of late 80s to 90s, I'd really be up for a new jack swing revival in modern pop culture
Me personally I associate the 90s with hip hop and it's meteoric rise and the genre's best decade.

New Jack Swing and grunge were dominant for periods of the late 80s and 90s but not for an entire decade.

bootsy wrote:
April 6th, 2018, 2:15 pm
Ruth wrote:

Me personally I associate the 90s with hip hop and it's meteoric rise and the genre's best decade.

New Jack Swing and grunge were dominant for periods of the late 80s and 90s but not for an entire decade.*
Yeah, hip hop was HUGE, no denying that.

*yea, which is why i also mentioned this specific time period in my post. But then again, GOTG3's soundtrack doesn't have to represent the entire decade of music, right? So there is an endless array of possibilities here, going a bit beyond what was the most stereotipically popular thing would be cool. But honestly, I just want good music, regardless of genre, and I'm sure this movie will deliver at least on this front lol

Ruth wrote:
I'd really be up for a new jack swing revival in modern pop culture
It'd suit Guardians a lot more than hip hop.

IW Spoilers
Was not expecting Gamora to die :( And I think it's permanent because it's pre-snap. Curious how Gunn reacted to this decision

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
April 28th, 2018, 2:49 pm
IW Spoilers
Was not expecting Gamora to die :( And I think it's permanent because it's pre-snap. Curious how Gunn reacted to this decision
Got a feeling they'll be using the Soul stone in some way and get her back

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
IW Spoilers
Gunn loved the movie, exec produced it and was involved with all the Guardians stuff. I think that answers your question.

Allstar wrote:
April 28th, 2018, 3:01 pm
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
IW Spoilers
Gunn loved the movie, exec produced it and was involved with all the Guardians stuff. I think that answers your question.
Yeah the Russos aren’t going to take previously established characters in franchise and do what they please to justify their own ego *cough* Rian Johnson *cough*

Sysmatic wrote:
April 28th, 2018, 3:01 pm
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
IW Spoilers
Got a feeling they'll be using the Soul stone in some way and get her back

If Starlord doesn’t come back to THAT point I’m gonna check out. My theory is that Thanos will jump the next time though, ‘fuck it, I’ll just go for it’.