Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Fuck this shit. This is Trump fanatics winning over art. Sad day. They don't give a fuck about his comments or his movies.

And in movie speculation, Disney just killed the Guardians. These characters were Gunn 100%. Either we'll have a total hack job for 2020, but as the release date was not confirmed, I can see them changing their plans or replacing all this with another Taika Thor movie? I don't know...

Ruth wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 4:43 pm
Tbh if Taika is exposed as a monster of a human being, I’ll kick a puppy and burn my computer
^This. That dude seems like the nicest human ever, and it would actually kill me if news of that came out. Recently there was an article where his wife talked about getting assaulted years ago and I actually almost had a heart attack because I thought it was him (thankfully it wasn't, although it's still awful that that had to happen to her).

I’m worried for Gunn right now. He’s a recovered alcoholic who has suffered depression. He just got his life taken away from him overnight because of old bad tweets and an alt right mob.

Movies are one thing but I’m worried about the man.
david ehrlich @davidehrlich
love to live in a ghoulishly hypocritical neo-conservative fantasy where fake crimes are real and real crimes are fake

Allstar wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 4:51 pm
I’m worried for Gunn right now. He’s a recovered alcoholic who has suffered depression. He just got his life taken away from him overnight because of old bad tweets and an alt right mob.

Movies are one thing but I’m worried about the man.
This. Hopefully his girl sticks by him otherwise I don’t know... and I’ve heard he apparently witnessed (or knew about) some of his friends being violated by a catholic church priest in primary school so idk what to think anymore. A fucked up individual who tried to do better at least. And now when finally on the top, bam. Classic story.

m4st4 wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 5:07 pm
This. Hopefully his girl sticks by him otherwise I don’t know... and I’ve heard he apparently witnessed (or knew about) some of his friends being violated by a catholic church priest in primary school so idk what to think anymore. A fucked up individual who tried to do better at least. And now when finally on the top, bam. Classic story.
I think he did know someone who was abused or personally abused himself by a pedophile. In serious conversations he said how much he "hates" pedophiles many times. Either this is a form of self hatred (I don't buy that), or he made these sick jokes as a coping mechanism for trauma he experienced.If that is true, I hope he comes out and says it.
Last edited by Allstar on July 20th, 2018, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Which Gunn was involved with every step of the way, try adding something useful.

Absurd. All of it.

Ace
James Gunn Comments On Being Dropped By Marvel’s ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Franchise
https://deadline.com/2018/07/james-gunn ... 202430535/
“My words of nearly a decade ago were, at the time, totally failed and unfortunate efforts to be provocative. I have regretted them for many years since — not just because they were stupid, not at all funny, wildly insensitive, and certainly not provocative like I had hoped, but also because they don’t reflect the person I am today or have been for some time.”

“Regardless of how much time has passed, I understand and accept the business decisions taken today. Even these many years later, I take full responsibility for the way I conducted myself then. All I can do now, beyond offering my sincere and heartfelt regret, is to be the best human being I can be: accepting, understanding, committed to equality, and far more thoughtful about my public statements and my obligations to our public discourse. To everyone inside my industry and beyond, I again offer my deepest apologies. Love to all.”

Relevant how? And Gunn wrote every single line there and produced the scenes so lol.

I just went through a larger compilation of his old tweets and holy shit they’re fucking horrible. They’re just really bad, not funny in the slightest. And honestly, people have been fired for less, it’s kinda totally enough to warrant somebody to lose their job, regardless of the context of those tweets. He also seems to have deleted over 10 000 tweets today..

But I don’t give a shit if it’s whataboutism or not, but it bothers the shit out of me that this exposé was done by an alt right trash talking misogynistic complete piece of shit. Disney knew, people even linked old articles of Gunn apologizing for this. Under normal circumstances it’d be the right thing to fire the person, and it most likely still is, but what Disney has done is give a platform to the alt right and validate their actions. They don’t care about actual justice or morality behind someone’s awful actions, this was meant as a hit piece and not a real opportunity of bringing down a bad person. They don’t care that the guy who dug up the old tweets himself talked multiple times about raping women, equated women over 40 to trannies, admitted to date rape and abuse, and said date rape doesn’t exist as long as it counts as a “win” against “libtards”.