Vice (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Looks fucking amazing

BlairCo wrote:
October 3rd, 2018, 10:10 am
Looks far and beyond more interesting than anything in The Big Short. As soon as I saw Bale as Cheney and Rockwell as Bush sitting at the table cooking up some plans, I was immediately drawn in.
I think The Big Short was really, really interesting, but maybe that's just me. Not that I'm an economy or finance student or anything like that, far from that, actually. And I still loved it, especially Bale's character.

It was not a movie made for me despite the incredible cast. Finance has never been thing I've been interested in, and the movie barely made an effort to change that. But political movies, especially ones like these, always intrigued me.

BlairCo wrote:
October 3rd, 2018, 10:25 am
Finance has never been thing I've been interested in, and the movie barely made an effort to change that.
You can argue that it didn't work, but you can't argue that it "barely made an effort". McKay literally stops the film to open the concepts up to a broader audience.

This looks terrific, needless to say.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
October 3rd, 2018, 10:47 am
BlairCo wrote:
October 3rd, 2018, 10:25 am
Finance has never been thing I've been interested in, and the movie barely made an effort to change that.
You can argue that it didn't work, but you can't argue that it "barely made an effort". McKay literally stops the film to open the concepts up to a broader audience.
I take that back. I completely agree with you. I applaud McKay in his endeavours to find a way to make CDO's and AAA's sound appealing and something that I should already know. Unfortunately for me, getting Margot Robbie in a bathtub just didn't help me in finding a reason to care. The movie understands things that I'll never be able to wrap my head around.

Blair I find it hard to believe that you know absolutely nothing about 2008 meltdown. :o

Have you watched Inside Job? It's a documentary so you'll have to keep track of what's happening, but it's quite good, informative, and narrated by Matt Damon. :thumbup:

Pratham wrote:
October 3rd, 2018, 11:41 am
Blair I find it hard to believe that you know absolutely nothing about 2008 meltdown. :o

Have you watched Inside Job? It's a documentary so you'll have to keep track of what's happening, but it's quite good, informative, and narrated by Matt Damon. :thumbup:
Straya wasn't affected by it

Robbie in The Big Short was actually fun, but then came Gomez...

Anyway, not watching the trailer for this. I'll definitely see this in cinema.

I feel like they went overboard with the photoshop on Bale's face for the cover.

Amy Adams is looking great as always and Adam McKay too.