IT: Chapter Two (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Well, if the first reactions are mixed it doesn't really bode well for the movie. Usually, even when the reactions are hyper positive you still have to take it with a grain of salt because it's a specifically select group of pundits who has watched it. They can vary a lot from the critics' scores. But when the reactions are kind of lukewarm that's usually a bad sign.
Last edited by LelekPL on August 22nd, 2019, 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, it needs to be top of the crop to truly stand behind that insane length of almost three hours. Right now it seems like it's not exactly a breeze to watch. I'm not against studio's acceptance of such length since this is event horror we're talking about and IT: Chapter I was important for the entire genre moving forward (looks what's happening with Halloween now), but the movie itself needs to be rocknroll to really support such vision. We'll see. Maybe uncompromised vision is needed no matter what.

Has anybody here read the book?

It's dense, it's weird, it's massive, it's crazy

The story of the adults even more so than that of the kids (okay sans that kids scene but that'll thankfully never be adapted lol)

Surprising Tweet from Grace Randolph who hates Jessica Chastain more than the FilmBros

I feel like Grace Randolph doesn’t deserve any more internet space than is necessary, but that’s just me.

And wow... Chastain DIDN’T ruin a movie? How is that even possible. Oh, right, it’s actually opposite of a hot take and nothing new since everyone and their mom (except maybe allstar - sorry babe ;) ) know Chastain is usually the positive factor in a movie.
Last edited by m4st4 on August 22nd, 2019, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

wow thank you i can finally sleep at night knowing this news whew

I like Grace Randolph because she makes people mad tbh.

Nomis wrote:
August 22nd, 2019, 6:11 am
Has anybody here read the book?

It's dense, it's weird, it's massive, it's crazy

The story of the adults even more so than that of the kids (okay sans that kids scene but that'll thankfully never be adapted lol)
The book's great, beside that disturbing kid scene, till the end.

It get a little weird with the cosmic turtle stuff.

radewart wrote:
August 22nd, 2019, 12:10 pm
cosmic turtle stuff.
Good grief, dare I ask? I know about that kids scene but what else is there that's weird or unexpected?