Nickelodeon's The Legend of Korra

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
wow i just can't ignore the similarity between Amon and the upcoming Bane character...

From the clips i have seen of Bane, he seems to be a revolutionary who intends to seize power and "equalize" the rich
to the poor, and in so doing eradicate the social hierarchy of Gotham.

Amon is sooooooo Bane

Viral114 wrote:wow i just can't ignore the similarity between Amon and the upcoming Bane character...

From the clips i have seen of Bane, he seems to be a revolutionary who intends to seize power and "equalize" the rich
to the poor, and in so doing eradicate the social hierarchy of Gotham.

Amon is sooooooo Bane
In a way, yeah. He doesnt care about rich v. poor though. His concerns are the benders
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote: In a way, yeah. He doesnt care about rich v. poor though. His concerns are the benders
I wonder if Nolan has actually seen the shows.
I can sort of make out a far fetched homology between avatar and the dark knight (probably owing to
the ying and yang philosophy both these projects are deeply rooted in).

Looking at Amon, i can speculate that Bane will bring in a sense equality, and a perverted sense of balance.
Just like the joker was all for chaos, burning stuff, and divergence, Bane will introduce strict discipline
and organization with an iron fist.

Korra is kind of spoiling Rises for me. But yeah whatever... i guess i should reserve my verdict for later

Idk bout you, butI wanna see some Tenzin v. Amon. Airbending rulez.
Sigs???

Not Korra, and its really old, but I can't stop watching this.

chee wrote:Not Korra, and its really old, but I can't stop watching this.

WUT DA ACTUAL FUUUUUQ
Sigs???

Is it obvious to anyone else that Amon is
actually a bender, but hiding it from everyone else? It seems like his power of taking a person's bending away permanently is actually adding to his own power. It could be really interesting to see how this turns out.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:Is it obvious to anyone else that Amon is
actually a bender, but hiding it from everyone else? It seems like his power of taking a person's bending away permanently is actually adding to his own power. It could be really interesting to see how this turns out.
I disagree. I dont think he's a bender. I think his ability is basically disabling chakras. Turning off someones bending like a light switch. Also, I think his backstory is total crap.
Sigs???

Cilogy wrote:Is it obvious to anyone else that Amon is

Yeah, idk. I think he's hiding something, but I'm just not sure what exactly. Crazy cool theories over at LAF.

Drew this in tinychat whiteboard earlier lol
Sigs???