The Post: The Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:And yet you do notice the difference between something shot on an arri alexa with a DI of 2K or something on film finished photochemically and remastered in 4K. Perhaps it's not as important as one would argue but it is noticeable. I mean, why else would Nolan even bother to shoot Dunkirk entirely on large-format if resolution "doesn't matter" ? I don't believe in it the way Yedlin does.
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."

But what if I don't BELIEVE in science?

got your number

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:But what if I don't BELIEVE in science?

-Vader
That just means you’re a republican.

Allstar wrote:

-Vader

DoubleD wrote:
Allstar wrote:

-Vader

Bacon wrote: Image
I get the joke. It's just a stupid joke.

DoubleD wrote:
U a Republican?

7212017 wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
U a Republican?
Not anymore.

At this point, it's redundant to hail Spielberg’s direction or Hank’s Performance or Streep’s performance because they’re a trifecta of brilliance.

One of the most interesting things about the movie is how the film depicts journalists and the people who run the newsroom for they are practically spies. Seriously, a lot of the first half of this movie is the Washington Post sending their people out to other news sources to check out the competition. Spielberg has news reporting into an espionage game. He makes this similar to “Bridge of Spies,” and some of that film’s cast appears in this as well.

The well informed detailed screenwriting writing by Josh Singer and Liz Hannah is brilliantly decided to make elements of this story feel whole. Singer who is known best for being 1/2 of the screenwriting duo behind 2015’s Best Picture winner “Spotlight,’ you can tell wrote the moments of intensity where it deals with these characters going out to find the Pentagon Papers and fighting for the freedom of the press. Its nature of fighting for truth and justice is very reminiscent of "Spotlight," and that is done through Singer. Hannah is EVERYTHING ELSE! This is Hannah’s first feature film that she single-handedly wrote, and the passion she put into this script is really there. From the characters to the message to the procedure of obtaining the papers: this is all Hannah. Read several articles about her underdog story of how she got her script to be directed by Spielberg and it will move and inspire you to write your story.

We’ve seen Streep at every variation from confident to vulnerable to weak to strong. This is a character that is full of life but at the same time full of inner conflict as she questions whether to run the Pentagon Papers story or not and this performance she gives is incredible. It is a journey to self-discovery as we see her go out of her way to risk the reputation of the company vs. what she believes is right. By God, Streep has a scene where she delivers a speech of triumph, and I challenge you not to scream YAS QWEEN by the time it ended of it because I know I did, and so did five other people in my theater. And this was at a guild screening. Shoot you will turn into to the Meryl Streep meme to Meryl Streep.

FULL REVIEW HERE: http://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//the-post-review

if a mod could rename this 'The Post: The Thread' that would be their christmas gift to me