Dark Phoenix (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Michaelf2225 wrote:your logic is just absolutely absurd

apparently moving from writing to directing is an example of white privelage?

i guess Sorkin is another example since he’s moving to directing with Molly’s Game, right?

give me a break
No, Sorkin is making a modest film.

Going from writing to immediately directing a massive 200 million tentpole is. Only a white guy could pull that off, just look at the hack Kurtzman with The Mummy.

I have a mild interest because of McFass and Hoult. Also Turner proved herself to be a solid Jean, so there's that as well.£

Allstar wrote:
Law wrote:It's white male privilege giving the director chair to a guy who's been with the franchise since day one?
He's never directed before and he's handed this as his debut, yep it is. Not to mention the guy who's been "running this franchise" has had several failures including X3, Fantastic Four and Apocalypse.
He also made that tv show you like

Allstar wrote: Going from writing to immediately directing a massive 200 million tentpole is. Only a white guy could pull that off, just look at the hack Kurtzman with The Mummy.
that's a little pessimistic and also wrong

Y Tu Mama Tambien to Prisoner of Azkaban seems a bit more ridiculous to me than handing the chair over to the guy who's writing the franchise since Last Stand

this movie will probably suck, but you'd have to jump some serious mental hoops to chalk that directing choice up to white privilege

ArmandFancypants wrote:He also made that tv show you like
That does not make him qualified to direct a 200 million tentpole and we all know Filoni is the driving force behind the success of Rebels.

It probably helps that Kinberg's production company is floating part of that 200 million dollar budget, so.

LelekPL wrote:Fuck, Lawrence is back :(
Ugh she is so bad as mystique...why do they keep bringing her back?

Can we reboot the X Men franchise please?

akv1984 wrote:

$$$

The only reason her and Fassbo came back is because Passengers and Assassins Creed bombed respectively.

Allstar wrote:
akv1984 wrote:

$$$

The only reason her and Fassbo came back is because Passengers and Assassins Creed bombed respectively.
Oh yeah for sure. They need the paycheck real bad.

Days of Future Past would've been a great opportunity to kill off Mystique. Apocalypse as well btw. I mean Lawrence' performance of Mystique is pretty damn bad and she looks horrible since she doesn't want to wear the make-up. DOFP/Apocalypse Mystique looks fugly af ffs

Turner is a solid Jean, Sheridan great as Cyclops and I quite dug McPhee as Nightcrawler and I hope Shipp gets a larger arc as Storm.