Dark Phoenix (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Quicksilver and Cyclops have the same body :?

Yeah, wtf...

Am I the only one at this point who's excited for this? :lol:

I've always thought these movies were solid. And they've gotten better, imo. I'm a little bummed that this iteration is ending, and I think it's super impressive that this is essentially one story universe that's been going strong since 2000 (timeline stuff aside). That's crazy. I don't think any film franchise has gone 19 years in the same "universe," regardless if a lot of it has turned into a mess.

The worst entries are clearly X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and I think elements of X-Men: Apocalypse are questionable, but other than that, the series (including Deadpool) has been excellent.

I'm a little concerned about Marvel Studios owning X-Men and Deadpool, to be quite honest.

Angus wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 10:26 am
That's crazy. I don't think any film franchise has gone 19 years in the same "universe," regardless if a lot of it has turned into a mess.
Star Wars.

People aren't excited for this because the trailers look bad and everything surrounding the movie is a big red flag. Of course the X-Men movies can be great, and they have been, but this just doesn't look promising at all. I wish they ended this franchise with Logan (ignoring Deadpool 2 for a moment, which isn't really part of the main continuity).

I stand corrected on Star Wars, haha. No idea why I forgot that. It's literally my favorite franchise second only to Batman.

Trailers don't mean much to me at the end of the day, in terms of what the finished film will be. I agree, the trailers and promotional stuff haven't been good. It feels like Fox is just trying to get this over with, and I know Kevin Feige doesn't even want it to be released and fought hard to pull the plug on it.

But... I remain optimistic. I actually love this cast. And I'm happy Bryan Singer is out of the picture.

Yeah, Star Wars is longer but they made less movies in that time :P So it's hard to call it an ongoing film franchise when they had long 15 year breaks between films.

I'd say Bond is a better example because the films never stopped. Sure, the actor changes and the films have little or nothing to do with each other but in theory they are a part of the same ongoing series.

^

Ugh! I want to see this just for Zimmer and Chastain.
Haven't seen a single X-Men movie tho.

I didn't even know Chastain is in this. :lol:

My friend mentioned that to me while we were on our way to Endgame.