Dark Phoenix (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I don't understand why they're in such a rush to bring it back to modern day. This would have been far more interesting set in the late 60s/70s.

Unless they just sort of explain it away by saying mutants age differently, which just seems like a copout.

I'm beyond sick of Magneto, Mystique, and to a lesser extent Xavier getting the focus. Was sick of it years ago. I got enough of my Magneto & Mystique fix by 2003.
Simon Kinberg hasn't directed anything unless you count allegedly some of Fantastic Four...and that's not something anybody wants on their filmography.

Oku
Couldn't it be handwaved away by saying that Mutants age more slowly?

Cilogy wrote:I don't understand why they're in such a rush to bring it back to modern day. This would have been far more interesting set in the late 60s/70s.

Unless they just sort of explain it away by saying mutants age differently, which just seems like a copout.
I don't think they need to explain anything. People will just go with it. Only nerds will complain but they'll still go. Personally, I think it's a little funny but ultimately inconsequential so if they want to have every film set in a new decade and still continue with the cast they have, I'll go along with it as long as the movie is good.

I really do not think that Kingberg is the right person to do the job. Does Fox really has so bad turnover of directors right now that they hire the screenwriter of the fuckin Josh Trunk's Fantastic Failure to do the job??

He's also the writer of DOFP.

ArmandFancypants wrote:He's also the writer of DOFP.
QFT

I wish Sylvester Stallone was in this so he could yell Phoenix!

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime