Black Adam (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The New Line DC property Shazam has morphed into two pictures. Black Adam has proven vibrant enough to become its own film, to star Dwayne Johnson. He was excited enough about his meeting last week at the studio to tweet his happiness, after a hard shoot on the newest Fast and Furious installment. It is looking like yet another franchise for the amiable big man.
http://deadline.com/2017/01/shazan-dway ... 201889902/

...why?

SilverHeart wrote:...why?
Because empollónes like yourself will pay to watch anything tangentially related to capeshit.

This is like if Marvel made a movie just about Groot because he's played by Vin Diesel.

DC is gonna keep throwing at wall and hoping "maybe this will get 70% on RottenTomatoes".

We can argue that Black Adam is more interesting than Shazam given his origin story, but literally no one asked for this. Black Adam isn't even an A-list DC villain the way Lex Luthor and Joker are. Will people outside of hardcore DC fans even give a shit about this movie? And I'm asking this question as a hardcore DC fan.

Pratham wrote:DC is gonna keep throwing at wall and hoping "maybe this will get 70% on RottenTomatoes".
They should cast me in a movie if they want 70%. Like come on DC, give me a Huntress/Batman movie.

akv1984 wrote:
Pratham wrote:DC is gonna keep throwing at wall and hoping "maybe this will get 70% on RottenTomatoes".
They should cast me in a movie if they want 70%. Like come on DC, give me a Huntress/Batman movie.
thought you were gunning for zatanna?

Pratham wrote:
thought you were gunning for zatanna?
Huntress is probably more my style lol. But if and when I sign up for an agency, I'll ask about both.