Top Ten Movies of 2017

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:dude's been here since July of last year and he just now decided to start trolling

I mean, that's dedication
It's because you didn't stick around in Dunkirk subforum back in July. I wrote a note or two about him in the mod space back then.£

Let's sum this all up: I list Macbeth (2015) on my personal list of the best movies I've seen this year, several passive aggresive users get triggered and aggro over it, I defend myself with equivalent banter, I get accused of "trolling", and Master Virgo as reliably as ever contrives some narrative of me being a "meanie".

Why did you put Macbeth (2015) on your 2017 list though? I believe that is the question.

Anyway, sans Phantom Thread I can’t really bother with this but six movies I will definitely add to my blu-ray collection:
1) Blade Runner 2049
2) The Last Jedi
3) Molly’s Game
4) Dunkirk*
5) Logan*
6) GotG: Vol.2*
*already bought

Molly's Game over Dunkirk? Fascinating. Care to share reason for that placement?

Geoffrey wrote:Let's sum this all up: I list Macbeth (2015) on my personal list of the best movies I've seen this year, several passive aggresive users get triggered and aggro over it, I defend myself with equivalent banter, I get accused of "trolling", and Master Virgo as reliably as ever contrives some narrative of me being a "meanie".
You typed a moronic statement, people called you out for it and then you started calling them names and creating a hostile and negative vibe, and you still continued to do so even after I asked everyone to tone it down. I'm just waiting to see if you're going to keep this attitude up or are you already finished. Since this isn't your first time doing it either.£

BlairCo wrote:Molly's Game over Dunkirk? Fascinating. Care to share reason for that placement?
Perhaps it’s my time spent with Dunkirk, had more time to process how I feel about it, and honestly, despite it being a marvelous achievement in filmmaking, I don’t care about it as much as the other three. And since it’s my yearly list and I’ve done so many, I know well enough that heart is the only right measure when it comes to personal feelings and movies. So it’s No.4. All of those movies are incredible just by making the list though, means they have a special place in my mind (and on my shelf). Hopefully that’s a solid answer to, frankly, difficult question. The way we measure these things is difficult by itself, at least it is to me. And watch Molly’s Game on the big screen if you haven’t already.

m4st4 wrote:Why did you put Macbeth (2015) on your 2017 list though? I believe that is the question.

Anyway, sans Phantom Thread I can’t really bother with this but six movies I will definitely add to my blu-ray collection:
1) Blade Runner 2049
2) The Last Jedi
3) Molly’s Game
4) Dunkirk*
5) Logan*
6) GotG: Vol.2*
*already bought
I've got a similar small crop of BR releases (I assume BRs are still as expensive and unpopular in Croatia as they are in Poland). For me it's Logan, The Last Jedi, It and BR2049. Molly's Game is really good but it's not "a spectacle" I need on BR.

I don’t know how it is in other countries, but casuals here would tell you ‘don’t you mean DVD?’, that’s how pathetic it is.

And I’ll probably add It, Ragnarok and couple more movies in the basket. Won’t rush it though.

What I really really need in my life right now is PTA.

m4st4 wrote:
BlairCo wrote:Molly's Game over Dunkirk? Fascinating. Care to share reason for that placement?
Perhaps it’s my time spent with Dunkirk, had more time to process how I feel about it, and honestly, despite it being a marvelous achievement in filmmaking, I don’t care about it as much as the other three. And since it’s my yearly list and I’ve done so many, I know well enough that heart is the only right measure when it comes to personal feelings and movies. So it’s No.4. All of those movies are incredible just by making the list though, means they have a special place in my mind (and on my shelf). Hopefully that’s a solid answer to, frankly, difficult question. The way we measure these things is difficult by itself, at least it is to me. And watch Molly’s Game on the big screen if you haven’t already.
It's an admirable answer. Even when you can't explain it, you can't beat what feels right to you, otherwise you'd be lying to yourself. I think it just goes to show how incredible 2017 has been in terms of quality. There are even movies in my bottom 10 that aren't even necessarily bad movies, just ones that I could not connect with but could connect with somebody else.

I'll be seeing Molly's Game around January 21th; I'm super stoked to see how my favourite screenwriter makes the transition as a director, and too much stone-cold Chastain is never unhealthy for a person (watch Miss Sloane if you haven't already). February 1st is PTA time for me.

just finished the crown its upgraded from grood to great