First Man (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nolan62 wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 6:25 pm
Sanchez wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 6:19 pm
How long until Kimmel airs? Need to know if I should stay up for it.
It's in 2 hours I think.
Oh damn, I thought he was close to midnight westcoast. I'm definitely staying up then.

Never thought they would make a prequel to Interstellar

On a serious note, it looks really good. This is an interesting tonal change from Chazelle.

Looks promising.

Well it's a very efficient trailer but sur it's not indicator of the ton of the movie. The movie according to Damian's declarations will be more introspective and dramatic.

Can't wait to see it. There's something Dunkirk-y about the music. I bet this is going to look very interesting on 15/70. It already looks very soft. Imagine how the 16mm sequences will look when projected on huge screens. I guess they didn't want it to look modern and sleek - and they succeeded at that. It looks like it was shot long, long time ago (not a bad thing tho).

Holy FUCK YES

Why did they show EVERyThING so early?!

Otherwise... end of the year fucking lit and this is the candidate for numero uno.

Got the shivers.

At the beginning, I thought I was watching a documentary. Feels like Whiplash meets The Right Stuff.

God, I hope last quarter of 2018 makes up for the rest of this bland year.

The CinemaCon descriptions sounded more awardsbaity (more drama, family stuff), glad they're going full Dunkirk here basically. Chazelle did say from the very start this is more of a thriller.