First Man (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
AhmadAli95 wrote:
July 26th, 2018, 1:55 pm
antovolk wrote:
July 26th, 2018, 1:03 pm
Since this announcement is from the US IMAX of course it'd say that. There was a BTS peek for Mission at Jurassic that played UK IMAXes from when it opened in the States so small chance we could get this from tomorrow
Oh! I stupidly assumed it wasn't US specific because it just says IMAX instead of IMAX US or something... :oops:

I'm probably seeing MI tomorrow but I'm definitely keeping my expectations low because we always miss out on these cool stuff here.
As of now UK cinemas aren't getting it it seems (from what I've been told) so...guess this is our only hope

antovolk wrote:
July 26th, 2018, 6:36 pm
As of now UK cinemas aren't getting it it seems (from what I've been told) so...guess this is our only hope
Oh, no. Not again! :lol:
I hope it gets out tho but I try as hard as I can not to watch until I see the film.

Searched First Man IMAX on Twitter. The preview played and early tweets are great.
According to Max Covill, it’s the launch sequence. /Spoiler]

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
The First Man preview that played in front of Mission Impossible was intense.
Atfer the lauch sequence they showed a small preiview that ended with a little bit of him landing on the moon, shot in IMAX.

So it's basically sounding like the Nolan prologues
a clip from the film followed by a short trailer/sizzle?

also it seems like the launch in this might not be the launch - as there are several mission sequences in the film
anyway god fucking dammit i need to see this, damn it Universal not bringing it to UK

Still over two months before this is actually in theaters... The hype is too strong with this one

the only problem is that not enough people are hype to

sorry, I'm just getting thirsty over all these reactions and no one at IMAX UK is responding to me about it making its way over here. only that no UK cinemas have it atm. fuck I shouldn't care this much about trailers but come onnnnn

Idk why but I can't get that hyped for it. Footage looks good, but it looks like Dunkirk meets Interstellar, and I'm not seeing Chazelle's uniqueness breaking through here. He also didn't write this one so I'm not confident in that changing. I'm willing to sing a different tune when I see it though.

antovolk wrote:
July 27th, 2018, 5:22 pm
sorry, I'm just getting thirsty over all these reactions and no one at IMAX UK is responding to me about it making its way over here. only that no UK cinemas have it atm. fuck I shouldn't care this much about trailers but come onnnnn[/Spoiler]
Indeed you shouldn't, it's just a trailer.

Pioneerr wrote:
July 27th, 2018, 5:39 pm

Indeed you shouldn't, it's just a trailer.